Im looking for the firmware philips 3.3

vbimport

ive been looking it for like 1 months and the only place i find it it was in this forum but the links were soooo old so they wasnt working… so please could anybody link me the firmware or pm or somthing beacause im deseperate looking for it.

Thanks

Looking for what exactly?

Philips firmwares can be found here:

http://www.storageupdates.philips.com/

i looked in the website of philips but it ojnly appears an update to the version 824k/40 3.4 and i need 3.3 so… >.<

please somebody

Why do you “need” 3.3?
3.4 is newer.

because my writer isnt philips its an hp 400c, and i think that the 3.3 is the only one that works… please sombody can give it to me…? or tell me that i can use the 3.4 version please?

[QUOTE=gouet;2175504]because my writer isnt philips its an hp 400c, and i think that the 3.3 is the only one that works… please sombody can give it to me…? or tell me that i can use the 3.4 version please?[/QUOTE]

Now why would you think a philips 3.3 firmware would work on a HP 400c? That logic doesn’t make sense??? Your crossflashing and expecting trouble down the line and voiding warranty as well. You should go to the support on HP site and find your correct firmware for your unit.

i had been reading some time and the 3.3 does work with the hp and the firmware that hp offers cant write dvd-r and i need to write dvd-r thats why im looking for the 3.3

I would recommend you contact HP by email about your unit and take out your unit and look at the label really find out what unit and product model it is. Asking us to do something impossible isn’t going to find a solution for your problem if your burner can’t burn -r media then it won’t no matter what you do. It has to have the -/+ capability to burn both -R and +R media. Also sounds like you need to buy a new drive that support both -/+ burn formats.

[quote=gouet;2175639]i had been reading some time and the 3.3 does work with the hp and the firmware that hp offers cant write dvd-r and i need to write dvd-r thats why im looking for the 3.3[/quote]Forget it and go for a new drive. Even if you manage to crossflash the drive, it won’t be able to properly handle any modern media at all.

[quote=coolcolors;2175740]Asking us to do something impossible isn’t going to find a solution for your problem if your burner can’t burn -r media then it won’t no matter what you do. It has to have the -/+ capability to burn both -R and +R media.[/quote]I remember that earlier Benq drives did not support -R. Later, a firmware update could be purchased (!) that also enabled -R support.
OEM drives are famous for crippled media support, so crossflashing might be an option.

Also sounds like you need to buy a new drive that support both -/+ burn formats.
I totally agree. The list of supported media of that drive is very short and lacks all MIDs available today.

Michael