Im looking for Branded Taiyo Yuden DVD-+R (other then Fuji MIJ)

vbimport

Im looking for retail Branded Taiyo Yuden DVD-+R (other then Fuji MIJ).
Something that i could pick up at my local BB, CC, officemax, staples…etc…

I used to buy Taiyo Yudens from rima.com but i dislike the Shinny silver tops. They are finerprint and dust magnets.

Then i have also used Fuji MIJ TYs, but lately most of the discs seem to have imprefections in them towards the outer edge of the disc.

SO now i am asking do any of you guys know/buy any other know Branded Taiyo Yuden locally?
Something other that Fuji (Made in Japan) type discs

staples has a sale until saturday on +R Sony discs that are TY

check this thread
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=128691

Anything wrong with these? :confused:

Made in Japan TDK discs.

I just bought 150 Fujis at www.opus-shop.de. How bad are these “imperfections”? What do you consider the outer edge? Only the last 10 MBs?

I gotta copy a DVD full of Clips with a menu (4.2 GB) onto all of them. Since it doesn’t fill the disc completely, should there be no problem?

Thanx for some answers :wink:

Greetings

Robert

staples has a sale until saturday on +R Sony discs that are TY

check this thread
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=128691

Excellent, there is a staples right around the corner from my work. ill have to see if there are any MIJ versions.

Anything wrong with these?

I think that thous still have a shinny top. (I think) Im looking for a Matte finish.

Made in Japan TDK discs.

Thanks, ill have to check staples while im there looking for the MIJ sonys.

I just bought 150 Fujis at www.opus-shop.de. How bad are these “imperfections”? What do you consider the outer edge? Only the last 10 MBs?

I gotta copy a DVD full of Clips with a menu (4.2 GB) onto all of them. Since it doesn’t fill the disc completely, should there be no problem?

Thanx for some answers :wink:

Greetings

Robert

I havent had any playback problems or burning problems with them. I have only used around 10 of them so far.

On the discs i have, about 1/4" or 6.35mm on the outer edge is where i can see the imprefections. They just loook like tiny specks of dust.

Here is a link of someone with the simlar problem.

Also I have Bought Fuji MIJ TY before and never had a problem with them. This only happen with my most recent purchase. Febuary 05. I got them at my local Bestbuy located around the Boston, MA area. USA.

Best Buys in NY have TDK 8X+R Matte Finish MIJ 100 spindles with the same containers as the equivalent FUJIs. they’re expensive at 79.99-99.99 and only occasionally on sale.

yea, my 50 pack of fuji mij ty’s arnt the best, but hey what can ya do, they work decent

Well i just got back from my local Staples. And they had the Sony MIJ x8 DVD+Rs in stock on sale for 20$! So hopefully these are TYs. Ill have to wait until i get home to check the media ID on these.

thanks again Sober1 for the link/info.

-ty1er

yep, i just verified these discs to have the media code of “YUDEN000T02.”

if anyone eles was wondering…

Meritline.com and supermediastore.com have had matte surface TY media before. It would be worth an email or a look.

you can buy Plextor DVD’s
100% sure they are TY

The Plextor discs are supposed to be the very best grade of TY discs, but I think they also cost twice as much as just about any other media?!

Why am I not surprised. :eek: :Z

That is right! At least for DVDs.
I see Plextor CDs around 0.50.
But Plextor DVDs cost around 2.20 each!

quality comes at a price :slight_smile:

And brand name mark up comes at a higher price.

Here in Austria, I bought the Plextors (- and +) at 6,1€ for 5 pieces in jewel-case.
Good price for high-quality media! :iagree: