I'm going to Europe!

vbimport

Well, I'm going to visit Paris, Amsterdam, and London, and I have a question: What are the best places to visit?

See you all in two weeks!

In amsterdam there many pubs cofeeshops and other entertainment places around rembrandplein also the redlight district(visit de bananen bar there) or if you dont like that kind of entertainment visit the Rijksmuseum to see rembrand`s nightwatch and more or visit the anna frank house or drop by bij the VVV office they have infromation on lots of things to see do or visit in amsterdam…

I dont know how long you are in Amsterdam, but give the Floriade a try.

Dont use the underground in any of the city’s. Just walk.
Because: What you see is what you get. And under the ground, you ll see nothing…

Could show you around Maastricht a little , but i guess it’s out of the way. And we could finish our chess game IRL :slight_smile:

Don’t let the people in Amsterdam think you’re a tourist, they will try to sell you enormous crap.

I have heard that the red light district in Amsterdam is…nice? :smiley:
Good beer too! (In the Netherlands, I mean)

Originally posted by Trondos
I have heard that the red light district in Amsterdam is…nice? :smiley:

Oh yeah, those very famous red lights. ‘De Wallen’ if I’m correct. Almost as famous as the Moulin Rouge.

Originally posted by Trondos
Good beer too! (In the Netherlands, I mean)

Good beer in the Netherlands? Man, you must be drunk :wink:
Let me tell you this joke about ‘good’ Dutch beer:

The bosses of Heineken(Dutch beer), Amstel(Dutch Beer) and Stella Artois(Belgian beer) are sitting in a pub. The waiter comes around to ask what they drink. The boss of Heineken asks a Heineken, the boss of Amstel asks an Amstel and the Stella boss asks a coffee. The others are surprised and ask him why he takes a coffee. He replies:“If you dont drink beer, me neither”
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
So If you want good beer, come to Belgium.

Originally posted by dansmug

The bosses of Heineken(Dutch beer), Amstel(Dutch Beer) and Stella Artois(Belgian beer) are sitting in a pub. The waiter comes around to ask what they drink. The boss of Heineken asks a Heineken, the boss of Amstel asks an Amstel and the Stella boss asks a coffee. The others are surprised and ask him why he takes a coffee. He replies:“If you dont drink beer, me neither”
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
So If you want good beer, come to Belgium.

well, thats a ripp-off from the original:

The bosses of Heineken(Dutch beer) and Stella Artois(Belgian beer) are sitting in a pub. The waiter comes around to ask what they drink. The boss of Stella asks a Stella, and the Heineken boss asks a coffee. The other is surprised and ask him why he takes a coffee. He replies:“If you dont drink beer, me neither”

you belgiums think to be smart to add the Amstel boss. But it aint smart enough
:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Originally posted by Totibbs
[B]

well, thats a ripp-off from the original:

The bosses of Heineken(Dutch beer) and Stella Artois(Belgian beer) are sitting in a pub. The waiter comes around to ask what they drink. The boss of Stella asks a Stella, and the Heineken boss asks a coffee. The other is surprised and ask him why he takes a coffee. He replies:“If you dont drink beer, me neither”

you belgiums think to be smart to add the Amstel boss. But it aint smart enough
:bigsmile: :bigsmile: [/B]

Question is, wich on is the rip-off? But hey, I don’t care. Our beer is just better. You got to admit that.:stuck_out_tongue:

What have I started? :bigsmile:

I myself tend to drink only Norwegian beer, but in case of an emergency anything will do, even (gasp) Budweiser.
I have not that much experience of Dutch or Belgian beer, I have only tasted Heineken, Amsterdam mariner and Amstel.
These brands are often the choice of sailors sailing from the continental Europe to Norway with steel, and when these boats docked at the plant I used to work, I would take some of it off their hands… :smiley:
Because of our incredible taxes on everything funny here in Norway, that is…:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Grolsch’ beer : Het Kanon (the cannon) … there is no substitute

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
Grolsch’ beer : Het Kanon (the cannon) … there is no substitute

Ever drunk Duvel?

Originally posted by dansmug

Ever drunk Duvel?

Are you planning a contest little fella ? :slight_smile:

One thing for sure in the Freaks Living room, whatever we talk about it always seems to get back to the subject of BEER !

And I for one have no problems with that! :bigsmile: :smiley: :bigsmile:

BTW Trondos, any addresses you care to give away for an Amsterdam trip??? :bow: LOL!

LMAO, Lazza! :bigsmile:
I am afraid I have no adresses for you, I have never been in Amsterdam. :rolleyes:

I have a friend who has, and he had some good stories from there…I will refrain myself from telling them here, though! :stuck_out_tongue:

:cool:

OK m8, I believe you. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Well as proud belgian I’m proud to anounce that there is absolute no doubt Belgian beer is the best (specialy the heavy ones, like duvel, leffe, …)

As I try different kinds of beer I have to admit that a jamaican beer is also very good (brand = red stripe)

Norwaygian beer ?? what 's the brandname?

I hope SirDavidGuy will bear over with me for this, most of my posts in this tread has not exactly been on topic…:slight_smile:

I think that the most famous and most sold Norwegian beer is Ringnes.
Other brands available abroad might be Hansa, Dahls, or Mack (the worlds northernmost brewery, located in Tromsø).