I'm a noob, but trying to improve 802s@832s

Hi, dont know if this is in the correct place, but gotta start somewhere. Here’s the situation, trying to upgrade from the lite on sohw 802s to the 832s, but running into nothing but complications. I either get the error “No matched drives detected. This utility is only for Lite-on dvdrw sohw-832s drive. Detected drives:_________.” when using the omni patch with several different firmware versions that i downloaded. Also getting errors when i load omni saying “Can’t locate perl58.dll make sure the ActivePerl bin directory is in your path.” I’ve tried several other methods also with no success using LtnFw and MtkWinFlash 1.5.3.6, which a friend suggested trying mtk. i dont know much about computers, but im trying, and have been trying for several days now, 4 to be exact. getting kinda frustrated. Would greatly appreciate any help that could be offered before I ended up buying a burner that would burn -r/-rw’s, or pc goes airborne, one or the other. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Welcome :slight_smile:
Never use MtkWinFlash on DVD drives.
Get the VS0J - patched - crossflashing firmware and simply start the .exe flasher from the package. That is all you need to do, besides of asking a moderator to move this thread to the Liteon forum in case you still have problems.

Thanks for the help, still get the message “No matched drives detected. This utility is only for Lite-on dvdrw sohw-832s drive. Detected drives:_________.” do i need to do anything to get it to run as a .exe? would trying in safe mode help/hurt it? or i may not even be able to do anything of that fashion in safe mode…? what i dont get is, it doesn’t list the type of drive i have in my pc in the error message saying “detected drives:” and it’s blank after that… :confused: once again thanks for the suggestion.

wow, im an idiot, nevermind. thank you very much for the help, apparently after all the fondling around i decided to uninstall my disc roms from device manager then reinstall them, ran the .exe and all seems fine. Thank you very much for your help! very appreciated.