ILVU cells

Hi all-
How can I split or strip or hide all ILVU cells in DVD-Remake pro 3.6.0 at the same time?

Doing it one at a time truly sucks!

This can be done quickly and easily in PgcEdit. However, I would prefer to use one program instead of two.

Thank you :bigsmile:

Not possible at the moment. But why would you want to do that? Planning to delete a PGC in a multi-PGC title?

Perhaps I’m overlooking, where is the option in PgcEdit that you can do that?

Edit: ok, found it. It’s under Del Angles. But you still have to process with VobBlanker so it’s not all in one step.

btw, you’re one version behind. Current version is 3.6.1.

Thanks for the response toaddub :slight_smile:

why would you want to do that? Planning to delete a PGC in a multi-PGC title?

Mainly for compression reasons, in this case the Ilvu cells were directors comments and out takes.

This is what it looks like in PgcEdit. By Selecting kill pgc playback and then runing Fixvts. The ILVU cells are striped.

This is just the same thing as hiding all blocks in VTS8/PGC2 in DRMPro. Compression differences in either output is negligible.

unless I am missing something, in this case it amounted to over 22%

22% what? One way to dramatically reduce the size of blank cells is after you hide the blocks in PGC2, you can substitute cells 2 to N to refer to the first blank cell. This way all the cells have only 1 V/C - a very small blank cell.

substitute cells 2 to N to refer to the first blank cell

thanks! I did not know this :bigsmile:

Try selecting multiple blocks first.

By the way, when PGC is hidden then all relevant cells are hidden automatically (even if they were interleaved). In this case interleaved cells in untouched PGCs will still be interleaved. So it is quite seldom that one needs to “split interleaved cells” manually.

In this case, you might also need to hide titles 4- in VTS 1 as hiding title 2 alone might not catch all the surplus cells. Check the VOB Units out in either Ifoedit or PgcEdit to be sure.

Regards

You hit the nail on the head! :bigsmile: