ILO DVDR04/HD04 Firmware Download Page

vbimport

I have set up a page with the different ILO DVDR04/HD04 firmware files for download.

The site includes all known official released firmware updates from ILO with descriptions of each, where available.

The site also includes 3-hour mode/Macrovision hacked versions for the DVDR04 model and Macrovision/Region Free hacked versions for the DVDRHD04

You can also find directions with screen captures on how to update the firmware for your ILO recorder using NERO Burning Rom version 6.6 or EZ CD/DVD Creator version 6.

If you have any questions or suggestions, you can e-mail me from the site.

ILO DVDR04/HD04 Firmware Download Page

The HD04 model now has 3-hour mode!!!

The ILO Firmware Download Page has been updated with new hacked firmware for MV/RF/LP (Macrovision,Region Free,3-Hour mode). I have hacked versions 1185, 1191 and 1193.

Thanks to Mr. Wizard on the Techolio forums for the hack.

The Ilo Firmware Download page has been updated with the newest firmware for the R04 and HD04.

Versions added:
DVDR04: 1098
DVDRHD04: 1193 RevB

Both fix the issue of playing ARCCOS copy protected discs.
Both are only system updates.

Hacked versions of both firmware files are also posted on the site, along with a Nero CD image and ISO CD image of each file.

If you have any questions or problems, let me know.

To All

I have updated the Ilo Firmware Download Page with a firmware update for the R04. It is a revision of 1098 (Filename: WMEA1098.ES5 3/14/05) and is suppose to fix the green tint issue with the R04. The original and hacked version are posted along with CD images for the hacked version in ISO and Nero format.

To All

I have update the ILO Firmware Download Page to include the new HD04 1194 firmware update. It is available both hacked and unhacked. There are also CD images for the hacked version in both Nero (.nrg) and Standard (.iso) formats.

Update Info:
Version: 1194
Filename: WMJA1194.DS3
Type: System Only (if you haven’t update previously to 1193RevA, do so!!!)
Fixes: Green Tint Problem, Playback of Audio CD’s

I have also done a lot of changes to the site. The only firmware files on the main recorder pages are those that are needed to bring the recorders up to the latest updates. Each page will have the last available system & drive update and the latest system only update. This is to help relieve some of the confusion as to what updates to run. I have moved the older updates to a seperate page linked off of the main recorder pages.

I also made the Home page a little more simple, moving a lot of the links to other new pages. Mr. Wizard’s Smart Hacking Tool is still linked on the Home page.

I have added a link to the new ILO Firmware Update Instructions on Home page and each of the recorder pages. READ IT!!! It will save you a lot of problems and make your upgrade go more smooth.

I hope you like the new changes to the site. If there are any questions or ideas, you know where to find me!!!

Enjoy the new HD04 update. It works!!

To All

I have update the ILO Firmware Download Page to include the new HD04 1195 firmware update. It is available both hacked and unhacked. There are also CD images for the hacked version in both Nero (.nrg) and Standard (.iso) formats.

Update Info:
Version: 1195
Filename: WMJA1195.D22
Type: Drive & System Only (No earlier updates needed)
Fixes: Unknown

NOTE: This is a Drive & System update. No other update is needed along with this one.

Hello,
in the UK, this machine is called a 4KUS DVR230
My On-Screen serial number is 2201-3243-0098-B203(003-010D)
Do you know if any of these updates would be suitable for my machine? It has two SCART sockets on the back which I assume is different from the US models.

Any help appreciated.

To All

I have update the ILO Firmware Download Page to include the new HD04 1201 firmware update. It is available both hacked and unhacked. Do to problems with people using CD images and different software everyone seems to be using, I have not added cd images this time to help relieve questions on how to use images.

Update Info:
Version: 1201
Filename: WMJA1201.DA0
Type: Drive & System Only (No earlier updates needed)
Fixes: Adds the ability to copy jpg/mp3 to the HDD (tabs now available in browser), adds CC (close captions) to the recorder.

NOTE: This is a Drive & System update. No other update is needed along with this one.

To All 5045 users

I have updated my Firmware Download Page with all flavors of hacked 201 firmware for the 5045. The AU version is still 197.

To all 5045 users,

I have added the 201AU and 201Maylay hacked firmware files to my site. All regions of 5045 firmware are now at 201.

To All 5045 users

I have updated my Firmware Download Page with all flavors of hacked 203 firmware for the 5045. From what I have heard in other forums, MV hack works for the 203 firmware. If not, someone please let me know.

Thats fantastic Guitarman!!!

Gona buy the 5045 largely based on these capabilities as well as being a very versatile and well priced machine. (Gotta get rid of the VHS originals packing the shelves)

Thanks for your hard work (and others on this great site)…

Cheers,
Evan

PS. I hope it all works :wink: Will let you know…

is there a way to make a hack that lets the dvd recorder record in 1hr30min or 1hr45min mode cuase sports comes out a little boxy in 2hr mode is there a way to make the bit rate 8,000 so it looks smooth when recording sports insted of recording it in 1hr mode

or is there a way to make the bitrate at 7,000 or 6,500 so that when i record wrestling it will look sharper then it dose in 2hr mode

Has anybody seen any newer firmware updates that will allow the recorder work with newer “DYES” such as Ritek_R03 DVD+R? [will not finalize disc’s!!]

Or can somebody suggest “throw away / low cost brand” that will work??

All the low priced brands that I have purchased the past two months [which were Prodisc and Ritek under the “brand name wraper”] will not work in the recorder… do not use DVD+RW due to the fact that my portable DVD player will not play the disc’s.

Only brand that I have found to work is Verbatim and I have been told that Wal-Mart/Sams will quit selling these discs soon.
-David

Newegg always has Vertatim.
Allmedia has genuine Ricoh which should work.

Yea but once S/H has been added that makes the disc’s close to $0.60 each and not the $0.30 each when I was able to get Vertatim from my local Sam’s store.

‘Oh’ Well will have to save pennys and make sure that I can purchase when the disc’s go on sale at my local OfficeMax or OfficeDepot stores…