Illustrated guide to copying SafeDisc 4 *with emulation*

vbimport

This method defiantly works with SafeDisc up to version 4, and works with all previous versions of SafeDisc, of course, for most users here this guide covers what is very simple, but still often we get newbies here who just want to know how to quickly copy SafeDisc games.

The only tool you will need to make a emulated copy is CloneCD, so first download the latest version from HERE. It is essential you have the latest version, as many older versions are blacklisted by SafeDisc so he game won’t start with it installed. This guide was written using version 5.2.4.2.

If you are using the trial version, you will still be able to play copies you made before it expired using the emulation, you will just not be able to burn any more copies.

1. Launch CloneCD after you have installed the latest version (make sure you rebooted the computer after you installed it).

2. Click “I Agree” to the warning message if you agree with its terms.

3. Once open, you should see this.

4. Go to “File> Copy CD…”, or just click on the picture of the two disks.

5. Now select the drive you wish to read from.

6. Select the “Protected PC Game” profile, and then click “Next”.

7. Check the box “Delete after successful Write” and click “Next”.

8. Select the drive you wish to burn to (for this guide use the same as the drive as you are reading from). Click “Next” one done

9. It will then start reading it may start of quite slow at first, but will soon speed up.

10. One it has done reading it will prompt you to insert the blank disc to write to.

11. Then ask you for the setting to burn with, leave the write speed on “Max” (as it is a emulated copy the read/write speed doesn’t matter). Then select the “Protected PC Game” profile. Then press “OK” to start the burn.

12. It will then start the burn. Whilst it is writing the disk, don’t have any programs running in the background that use allot of power (games, DVD players, graphics/video editors etc.).

13. One it has played the lovely music to let you know it has made a copy correctly click “OK”.

14. Exit CloneCD

15. In the TaskBar there should be a greyed out sheep, right click it, and check “Hide CDR Media”. This will enable the emulation for you to play the game.

16. It should have then become orange, if so the emulation has been enabled successfully.

17. Insert your newly made copy into any drive, and try and start the game…

Good luck, and feel free to email/PM if you have any problems or ways I could improve the guide. If newbies find it useful, maybe I should do a illustrated to copying SecuROM with RMPS.

Ben :slight_smile:

Nice guide Ben. :slight_smile: I’ve copied it to the tutorial section.

[And yes, if you have time, please do an illustrated newbies guide to copying securom 4.8x + with RMPS emulation.]

@ bcn_246 i think there might be a problem with image 6 does not show here maybe someone else can confirm…
nice guide btw

Image 6 displays ok for me.

the problem is that I am using imageshack to host the images, and as they have so many different servers, it is likely that one will be slow/non working due to the amount of traffic they get, the CDFreaks attach feature means the images are all at the bottom and only viewable to registered users, and I currently dont have the money to host them myself. Anyway, image 6 seems to be loading ok now.

btw. this thread is a copy of the other one, so comments here dont matter as it will not appear on the guide in the guides section.

Nice guide, this must of taken ages, im sure all the newbs are going to love you for this!

Good job!

The first time I did a illustrated guide it took hours on end, now it only takes around 1-2 hours to do a guide like this.