Illegal Windows installation remains illegal after Windows 10 update

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Illegal Windows installation remains illegal after Windows 10 update[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2015/03/windows-7-not-genuine-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Microsoft has revealed more details on its plan to also offer Windows 10 as an update to users with an illegal version of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/illegal-windows-installation-remains-illegal-after-windows-10-update-75439/](http://www.myce.com/news/illegal-windows-installation-remains-illegal-after-windows-10-update-75439/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

The above is more like the Microsoft we [B]know & love[/B].

I still have a Windows 98 SE that can be used any time I need it.
I rarely do .
Also XP , XP Pro , Vista , Windows 7 32 & 64-bit . None are virtual .
I have no plans to upgrade from these unless forced to in some way.

Now it all makes sense. We should have seen this coming. :iagree:

Isn’t illegal copies of Windows means, people who activated it with unauthorized activators? Common sense would tell you, anyone with a fully functioning brain, would not put up with a copy of windows that alerts you that’s its not activated. I am not surprised by this news at [B]all[/B]. Microsoft is in it for the money. That’s never gonna change. It would be funny if someone gets a copy of windows 10 and installs it and now is told, they have an illegal copy…:bigsmile:

What this will achieve is people who have successfully run activators on Windows 7 and 8, will upgrade thinking it will transfer to 10. And then get the Black screen saying “this windows is illegal”.

I kind of have little sympathy. As windows 8 could be had in the UK for £15 for the first few weeks of release. And even with that it was a kick in the teeth as those in the USA were getting it for $15 which equated to around £10.Â

Paying £15 for a full operating system is a bargain. I have paid £5 for just a free linux diistro to be posted to me in DVD form the past before.Â

Therefore people should have bought it.Â

Because there’s nothing more fun than continually being reminded that you have a pirate copy, and having 1/2 of the operating system disabled.

An upgrade from a fully functioning (but illegally activated)operating system to a crippled new os ?

The line for that will be very long, like the line to adopt bing as their search engine of choice.

Exactly, who is going to upgrade a pirated OS under those conditions / terms?

This strategy makes no sense at all. If a person currently has a fully functioning illegal copy of Windows why on Earth would they opt for a copy of Windows 10 with a nag screen? That person would just install a pirate copy of W10 and illegally activate it and skip all the nagging.

I’ll hold onto my Win7 64Bit until I am forced as well although I did run Windows XP Pro for some years before I upgraded just depends on price :).

If I really liked Windows 10 I might consider buying it but… price must be in my budget and it must not be restrictive like all DRMed.

[QUOTE=Anthony1uk;2750333]I kind of have little sympathy. As windows 8 could be had in the UK for £15 for the first few weeks of release.
Paying £15 for a full operating system is a bargain. Therefore people should have bought it. [/QUOTE]

I fully agree!:iagree:
If you have an official windows copy running ,and don’t wanna upgrade to the latest,that’s perfectly understandable…but running a pirated OS and ignoring such a cheap price for a windows Pro is IMHO just plain stupid…;):bigsmile:

If you want cheap, it’s hard to beat *BSD, GNU/Linux, and other FOSS operating systems.

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2750635]If you want cheap, it’s hard to beat *BSD, GNU/Linux, and other FOSS operating systems.[/QUOTE]

That’s true,but you can’t deny that there are still a few areas where those OS still need improvement,like for serious gaming or specific software for protected optical media backup…
If I could do everything on a Unix system that I can on Windows,I would maybe make the switch too…:iagree:
And I know there’s Wine or CrossOver,but if you have to run 1 of these,it means that Linux still isn’t 100% to your likings,otherwise you wouldn’t need to emulate some windows stuff…:bigsmile::wink:

Well, all that is known till now according to this is that if the version you used now is flagged as illegal, then the windows 10 update will also flag it as such, which is absolutely logical. In my view, it is still very probable that an activated copy of Windows 7 (regardless if that being though an illegal activator) will still pass the test and will not be flagged as illegal when you do the Windows 10 upgrade.

Now, I am sure we will find out what it will be in the near future.

been told by my technician not to do any updates since my copy of window,which was done by another technician ’ Is a illegal version ,so update wont do any help ,it may just do the opposite ,is he right ?

What I never get is, people keep on saying Windows 10 is FREE “It Is NOT FREE” not to, myself included, we, over the years have paid for our Operating Sys so why should the people who have illegal copies of Windows get it for free, or at a cheaper price just so MSFT can get them as a sign up to Win 10. If the want Win 10 then buy a legal copy of Win 7 or 8.1.
these people who pirate software make me so mad, pay for it like you pay for smokes and beer.

[QUOTE=Heikoworld;2762872]What I never get is, people keep on saying Windows 10 is FREE “It Is NOT FREE” not to, myself included, we, over the years have paid for our Operating Sys so why should the people who have illegal copies of Windows get it for free, or at a cheaper price just so MSFT can get them as a sign up to Win 10. If the want Win 10 then buy a legal copy of Win 7 or 8.1.
these people who pirate software make me so mad, pay for it like you pay for smokes and beer.[/QUOTE]

I see the point you make, but the picture is not black and white even here.
[B]1[/B]. They have been misled (in good faith) to buy a computer with a forged installation.
[B]2[/B]. There are groups in most societies that can not afford buying. In 2015 I think I am safe in saying that you are somewhat lost without access to a PC and if your original install broke…
[B]3[/B]. Some are not old enough to buy smokes and beer :bigsmile: and parents not knowing what they do to the computers in their boy/girl room…

[I]The people who makes you mad is actually the fourth group…[/I].

[B]4[/B]. Freeriders. They will not pay no matter, deal with it… and don’t get mad. They are not worthy of your anger.

Personally, I think it is sad that Microsoft choose to emphasize on group [B]4[/B] and not, for once say O.K. let us give them a ‘green card’ (like the U.S. do for illegal immigrants from time to time) for a limited time.