Illegal TOC

Hi

I have a Tosh 1612 dvd & a Plex 24/10/40…

I’ve been messing with the clonecd TOC & now have a hard time in duplicating the cds that I have burnt…

TOC = 0:2:4

My question is is there any cd/dvd drive that can read the TOC without any problems…

I did c a while ago that the Plex 40x cdrom can do it with ease but I have never been able 2 confirm this…

Can anyone help??

Most plextor drives(burners/cd-rom’s) is able to read data information from the lead-out and lead in track. But Table of Content? If it could not be read then the drive won’t see what’s on the disc…

What did you try so that it got messed up?

Hi

When i said messing around with the TOC it was an experiment that I was doing after using “Easy Audio Lock” & examining the ccd file…& comparing it with the original…

[just trying 2 figure out what makes the copy protection]

I did notice that the lower the min:frame:sec makes it harder 4 the drive 2 read the TOC… there4 I begun 2 go lower & lower …

My ques was just asking are there any drives that can read with ease a modified TOC without any problems…

The plex 40x cdrom has been said 2b able 2 read a TOC without any problems…

Since I do need a faster drive 2 keep up with my 24x PLex since I noticed that the vcds that I have created cannot b read fast enough by the Tosh 1612 if I’m doing a straight copy…

2 do a simple 70min disc set at 24x 2 burn it will take me about 19-20 mins in Nero/Clonecd… if I reduce the burn speed 2 about 12x it will burn faster taking only 12min or so…

I know this is not normal since i usually burn a 80min music cd that i create in about 4:29…

So if the Plex 40x cdrom is able 2 read messed Up TOC & at the same time b fast enough 2 send data 2 my burner …

I will definitly buy it

If the plextor 40X CD-ROM could do it, then he plextor 24X writer should also be able to read it. So if your 24X plextor writer could read it, then the 40X plextor CD-ROM should also be able to read it.

Remember that the 40X plextor CD-ROM is only availible with SCSI interface and not IDE :wink:

Hi

I didn’t explain properly…

With the TOC mod… when I try 2 copy it again … it cannot b copied…

Well it does but it’s only a 368kb in size…

When I use Isobuster 2 view the directories it’s just as the original with certain directories being inaccessible…

I have email Plextor on this but they can’t give me a straight answer…the reason why i’m doing this is that I don’t want my psx games 2b copied when i lend them out…

Now that I’m in the market 4 a faster reader & if the Plex 40x cdrom is able 2 read my mod disc… then I will certainly buy it…

I already got a scsi card so that will not b a prob

Help Please…

I know that this protection can be copied with a plextor, even with a CD with no TOC at all. (with audio Cd’s, anyway) It requires 2 drives. (Daemon tools works fine). Both with Auto-insert notification off. First, burn a CD-R with 80 min of silence, and put it into the CD-Reader you will be ripping from. Then switch to the other CD-Reader and insert the CD to be ripped into the CD reader. Then switch to the CD-reader. Rip the entire CD, and you will have one 80 min. track with all the songs on it.

This might wirk with a Data CD, (such as PSX or PS2), but some modifications to the ripping procedure may be required.