ILLEGAL to Backup Any Movie

vbimport

Hi,just found out in Court here in Canada even tho I bought my DVD movies from stores it is illegal to backup any movie.They used my own DVDs in Court that he had me read the back of the DVD Case out loud infront of everyone and I did and the part I had to read twice was this:Anti Piracy Warning Unauthorized Copying Is Punishable Under Federal Law.I never sold any backups or even given any away.I was watching with friends my backup copy of Rambo and everyone was impressed by how good it looked and sound and then Dec 5 2009 the Police were here and Charged me with Piracy and just out of Court today and was fined had all my backups are going to be Destroyed and my Computer I also just got back and they removed my DVDFab and DVD Shrink and other files and not only am I paying a $900.00 fine but got one years Probation.I never said anything about DVDFab in Court and it Never came up in Court so now I have my first Police Record and everyone I did was for my Personal use and now this is my last post cause I can’t be caught with any other Backup or next time I was told Jail.Oh I last thing it does not matter what Country you are living it said in Court why do you think they keep putting Copy Protection on Disc and Warning on Back of Case.

:eek: :doh: :Z

How did they know you was making backup copies ?
you sure it had nothing to do with illegal downloading ?

My guess is a friend betrayed him? I hate to think of such but it is the only possibility I can think of at the moment besides what stormjumper pointed out.

I´d just like to say, the law is an…

What part did you not Understand StormJumper I never sold or gave any away or downloaded any movie.I bought them in different stores and all the ones I bought I made one backup.It all started after I told friends who watched it that it was only a backup.Did not take long to figure out first time I tell people (friends) about it later on Police are at my door.
I just don’t know which one ratted me out.Now it cost me Money and first time Police Record and now it won’t belong before I will find out which person sang a song to the law and made nothing I was doing wrong out to be something that has now changed my life.

[QUOTE=me_2_u;2495139]What part did you not Understand StormJumper I never sold or gave any away or downloaded any movie.I bought them in different stores and all the ones I bought I made one backup.It all started after I told friends who watched it that it was only a backup.Did not take long to figure out first time I tell people (friends) about it later on Police are at my door.
I just don’t know which one ratted me out.Now it cost me Money and first time Police Record and now it won’t belong before I will find out which person sang a song to the law and made nothing I was doing wrong out to be something that has now changed my life.[/QUOTE]

Sorry didn’t see anything in your first post about not being downloaded movies which is the reason I replied in the form of a question, and I’m also sorry you have friends that you can’t trust :frowning:

Oh great,you know how many times I showed my friends and never had the law come to my place yet.Not only to I buy them in Walmart or Zellers or other stores I also get brand new factory sealed dvds that are’nt even released yet and made copies of them for myself.Tomorrow i’m getting 2012 and that is not even released yet.O

Every situation is different and every countries laws are different so lets not get carried away here. If this was something that happened all the time I am sure we would be hearing from our Canadian members and we have plenty of them. So lets put this to sleep and say to bad for the person that got in trouble, there is usually more to a story than meets the eye.:wink:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2495151]Every situation is different and every countries laws are different so lets not get carried away here. If this was something that happened all the time I am sure we would be hearing from our Canadian members and we have plenty of them. So lets put this to sleep and say to bad for the person that got in trouble, [B]there is usually more to a story than meets the eye[/B].;)[/QUOTE]

:iagree: