Illegal opp in easy cd creator5

vbimport

I have been having a problem using easy cd creator invalid opperation as followsCREATR50 caused an invalid page fault in
module COMCTL32.DLL at 017f:bfb96e41.
Registers:
EAX=817532b0 CS=017f EIP=bfb96e41 EFLGS=00010212
EBX=000010ee SS=0187 ESP=01e8ff30 EBP=01e8ff3c
ECX=d06ae2f0 DS=0187 ESI=004feee8 FS=3a1f
EDX=0002ac56 ES=0187 EDI=004fee28 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
0f 84 9e a6 03 00 ff 75 10 56 e8 a3 fd ff ff 85
Stack dump:
004fee28 004fee10 000010ee 01e8ff88 bfb96e1d 004feee8 000010ee 00000000 00000007 00000006 00000000 004fee10 bfb96f10 004fee10 000010ee 81760c88 I also have Sony extream, Clone cd and Furio on the system opperating sys is Windows 98 second edition I get above error when burning MP3 To audio disks DAO thanx for any help in advance Minuteman

Burning MP3 files on-the-fly to audio is a memory intensive operation.

Read the advice at Why am I receiving an Invalid Page Fault in Windows 95/98? and follow the suggestions. Let us know if this helps.

Check the properties of the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\COMCTL32.DLL file. The product version for mine in Win98SE is 5.50.4807.2300.

Thanx I will try and close everything and see if that helps I normally only disable my antivirus soft ware my harddrive is usually defraged about once every fortnight and I have 128mbs of ram on the system I will let you know how it goes thanx Inertia:)

Defraged HD and closed down everything apart from sys tray and Explorer also put most of the Windows temp file in another Folder and burnt three MP3 Disks no problems!! I will move the temp file back after every burrning session supperb advice The com 32dll version is 5.81 Thanx Again Inertia I will let you know if any more probs Minuteman:D

There is no point in moving or saving the Temp files. These temporary files have already served their purpose and should be deleted periodically to save the wasted space. You can even delete the whole Temp folder, as it will be replaced by Windows.

There may be one or two files in the Temp folder that are in use by the system and can’t be deleted. Just leave those files that can’t be deleted and delete everything else in the Temp folder. :slight_smile:

Ok I never knew that I will do that just now thanx again Inertia:D

Deleted everything in the windows temp folder exept two things witch it said if I deleted them you could not run the programs Have burnt four disks since then no probs at all many thanx again Inertia;) Minuteman

You’re very welcome. :wink:

I’m glad you’ve got it working well.

Hi back again Problem reapeared after about another six or seven disks and also started a problem in my antivirus software with the same dll comctl32.dll when’t onto Microsoft Support Knowledge Base site and did search for any info on illegal Operations with comctl32.dll and was informed there that some programs install there own version of the above dll in Windows System folder and that could be the problem so It said to use System File Checker to extract a copy from the Windows 98 disk I did as it said and so far no probs with Easy Cd Creator or Nortons Anti Virus I still do as you said though with closing down all programs running in the back ground and emptying the temp folder it is amazing how fast stuff returns to the temp folder I looked today and there was about ten more files in there Thanx again Inertia I thougth I would just give you some feedback as it my help some one else if they have a problem that is somthing the same :smiley:

Thanks for the feedback, minuteman. :slight_smile:

Hey ! Inertia !!!

Believe me, a “jock” speaks like he writes…!!! lol

Minuteman…Hi from the other end of your island !!!

Al Bags :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

To true welcome to the forum Al Bags:cool:

Hi ! Anywhere near Lossie, or Leuchars, or Macrihanish ?
I used to be in the RAF, visited your shores many a time ??
Whats the white and red pudding like, these days, …!!!

:Z :Z Al Bags.
An extremely distant relative of the Stuarts.
Know yer tartans, me-lad ?? :smiley: :smiley:

Hi m8 Noware near any of them I m from the nitygrity Glasgow Airport is the nearest to me the old hagis is still good though :eek: