Ikebana DVD42412 = NEC ND1300A?

vbimport

I’ve recently ordered NEC ND1300A from www.bcd2000.com.

http://www.bcd2000.com/ItemDesc.asp?Cartid={6175C668-7504-48AA-AADE-260426974A42}&ic=IKEDVD42412&Tp=&cat=Internal%20DVDR

As you see from the link it clearly states that it is indeed NEC ND1300A. But today, I was dismayed to realize that they sent Ikebana DVD42412 which ONLY supports + media.

As far as I can tell, bcd2000 is pretty reliable after examining their record at www.resellerraings.com so I doubt this is any kind of fruad. It’s probably a mistake.

I’m planning to call them tomorrow but if this is model somehow a rebadged version of NEC ND1300A it would certainly save some time.(I’m afraid to open the box so I can’t vertify what’s actually inside. It is also worth noting that I ordered an OEM but received Retail version of Ikebana DVD42412)

If anyone can vertify this would tremandously help and save my time.

Thank you.

I don’t care if it’s a rebadged or not, if I ordered a Lexus, I expect to get a Lexus. Don’t give me a fscking Toyota.

With that said, you should call these people up and tell them to send you a real NEC ND-1300A free of shipping charge, in addition to the amount you’ll be spending to send the fake ass drive back. If they make any excuses, call your credit card company and bitch about it.

BTW, ND-1300A is a dual format writer = DVD+R/+RW and DVD-R/-RW.

Justinkoko,

Have you noticed that the Item # on the seller’s website for the NEC ND-1300A is IKEDVD42412? Ikebana DVD42412! As far as I know, Ikebana is only a marketer that repackages the OEM product. Check the burner’s product label to find out if it is an NEC ND-1300A or ND-1100A. If it’s indeed an NEC ND-1300A on the label, then you got yourself a nice retail box with extras. If the label indicates an NEC ND-1100A, then complain to the seller and return it for refund.

Have you noticed that the Item # on the seller’s website for the NEC ND-1300A is IKEDVD42412? Ikebana DVD42412! As far as I know, Ikebana is only a marketer that repackages the OEM product. Check the burner’s product label to find out if it is an NEC ND-1300A or ND-1100A. If it’s indeed an NEC ND-1300A on the label, then you got yourself a nice retail box with extras. If the label indicates an NEC ND-1100A, then complain to the seller and return it for refund.

But if I open the product would they still give me the refund?

I’m afraid to check it.

If you don’t open it, how do you know it’s not a dual format ND-1300A? If it is, then you got a good deal. If it isn’t, then you were defrauded by the seller and of course you can return it for refund. Why don’t you call Ikebana to find out which model they use for their product since their website is down?

Originally posted by synergy3618
If you don’t open it, how do you know it’s not a dual format ND-1300A? If it is, then you got a good deal. If it isn’t, then you were defrauded by the seller and of course you can return it for refund. Why don’t you call Ikebana to find out which model they use for their product since their website is down?

I guess it isn’t because it clearly says + only on the box. Why would Ikebana sell it as + only if it can indeed burn + and -?

http://www.ikebanadrive.com/Internal_4X_DVD%2BRW%2BR.htm

That seems like the product I received.

Those guys are strange!!

quote 1:

• Write Support*
• DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD-R, CD-RW

• This drive does not support DVD-R or DVD-RW media.

quote 2:

• Write Speed
• DVD-R 4X**
• DVD-RW 2.4X***
• CD-R 16X
• CD-RW 10X

** 4X writing speed requires 4X DVD+R media
*** 2X rewriting speed requires 2X DVD+RW media

quote 3:

• Recording Capacity
• DVD+R, DVD+RW 4.7GB
• CD-R, CD-RW 650MB, 700MB

Pretty strange… I’d return it, that’s for sure!

In newegg.com I only trust.

Originally posted by Justinkoko
[B]

I guess it isn’t because it clearly says + only on the box. Why would Ikebana sell it as + only if it can indeed burn + and -?

http://www.ikebanadrive.com/Internal_4X_DVD%2BRW%2BR.htm

That seems like the product I received. [/B]

Well the correct product should be the following one:

http://www.ikebanadrive.com/Internal_4X_DVD_multi.htm

If this is not what you got, then the seller definitely sent you the wrong box.