IHES108 firmware

vbimport

OK…I am really looking hard at this drive. To be used, primarily, as a scanner / ripper. What I don’t like is the 4X BD-ROM DL ripping speed. Lite On has no new firmware listed on their website…so the mediacode modifier won’t work here. Anyone have a modified firmware that allows ripping of Dual Layer BD-ROM at 8X

Thanks

Bob

[QUOTE=bobmitch;2494238]OK…I am really looking hard at this drive. To be used, primarily, as a scanner / ripper. What I don’t like is the 4X BD-ROM DL ripping speed. Lite On has no new firmware listed on their website…so the mediacode modifier won’t work here. Anyone have a modified firmware that allows ripping of Dual Layer BD-ROM at 8X

Thanks

Bob[/QUOTE]

The latest firmware is 8L0C. You can get it via SmartPack or better still use this unscrambled Flash Utility dump:

http://rapidshare.com/files/310694672/iHES208_2_8L0C_dump.rar

You can use MCSE to patch it, and you’ll get exactly what you are after :wink:

Thanks for the fileshare url. However, when I try to download…I get an error due to too many people downloading from fileshare. It then prompts me to pay for a subscription. Thanks anyways…guess I’ll pass on this drive and keep searching for one that can rip at 8X or higher.

[QUOTE=bobmitch;2494298]Thanks for the fileshare url. However, when I try to download…I get an error due to too many people downloading from fileshare. It then prompts me to pay for a subscription. Thanks anyways…guess I’ll pass on this drive and keep searching for one that can rip at 8X or higher.[/QUOTE]

Try this link: http://www.mediafire.com/?tjtkgmytmmr

I would not give up that easily :slight_smile: You won’t find many other drives which can reliably scan Blu-Rays I’m afraid.

[I]EDIT:[/I]

Sorry I just realised that your drive is an iHES108 not an iHAS208 as mine (lightscribe version). I should have paid a bit more attention :o

In your case, what you can do is to use the unscrambled firmware from C0deKing’s website (7L07), patch it and then flash it to the drive.

You should also install SmartPack and if LiteON has released any firmware update for this drive, the utility will find it and download it for you. You can then use the official update to flash the drive with the updated version, then create a dump of the new firmware using the Flash Utility, then use MCSE to patch this dump for 8x read (tick the increase speed box) and then flash back the patched version using again the Flash utility… after that there’s only one more thing to do: Enjoy! :bigsmile:

Good luck with waiting for a drive that can scan and rips fast out of the box.

First of all…thanks…the second way to get the file worked.

Second…I found an IHES208 and since I already have lightscribe on a dying Samsung drive…I may go with the 208 if I can, anyways…

Also…what do I name the file. I opened with Mediacodespeededit and maximized the read speeds. Named it IHES208_2_8L0C.bin Now…what do I use to flash it?

I’ll keep you posted

Many thanks

Bob

[QUOTE=bobmitch;2494392]
Also…what do I name the file. I opened with Mediacodespeededit and maximized the read speeds. Named it IHES208_2_8L0C.bin Now…what do I use to flash it?
[/QUOTE]

You can name it whatever you want, it doesn’t matter. If the original was called IHES208_2_8L0C.bin then you can save the MCSE patched file as IHES208_2_8L0C_speedpatched.bin for example. Once you’ve got the speedpatched file, use C0deKing’s Flash Utility to write the bin file to the drive.

I used the flasher…the only thing it did was cause the drive to have an inability to read Blu Ray discs at all. I guess this drive isn’t meant to be. Wish there was a way to extract the flasher and bin file like with a Samsung drive. Luckily, I was able to flash the Lite On 8L0C firmware so as not to destroy the drive. Think I will take the drive back later. LG will have a 10x drive available soon. Wish this one would flash properly, but guess not

Bob

OK…so I downloaded the dump rar file and unpacked it. Then I downloaded mediacodespeed and unpacked in the same directory as the .bin file. Opened mediacodespeed and loaded the …bin file and chose to increase read speed. Saved and exited. Then I ran ltnflash 3.03 and flashed the drive firmware. Rebooted…put in a BR movie and got an error that the protected disc could not be read. Had to download the LiteOn 8L0C firmware and reflash the drive to get it to recognize BR discs. What did I do wrong? Without a speed patch to increase the BDROM DL read speed to 8X, this drive is slower than a snail

Bob

[QUOTE=ala42;2494352]Good luck with waiting for a drive that can scan and rips fast out of the box.[/QUOTE]

ala

I can’t disagree more. I flashed the drive to 8L0C and so far, all the burn quality of Verbatim DVD-R and DVD+R 16X MCC discs is garbage. The DVD-R scored a 0 and right now the DVD+R is better but not great. The hype on this drive is just that. Granted…I burned a Ritek BD-R with my Pioneer BD-205 and it also got a low score. If this is the standard that this drive will perform at…my Samsung SH-S223Q will blow it into the weeds. Just because it has the ability to scan discs doesn’t mean that it does it well

Guess I don’t need the ability to do quality scans