iHBS112 Firmware

vbimport

I have a Lite-on iHBS112 using CL0K firmware. There have been no recent updates to this series of firmware.

Noticed that there is a newer PL0x series. I tried to update my drive using one of these. Of course it did not.

Wondering what, if any, benefit there may be with this newer series?? Does it even apply to my drive? Should I even worry about it?

TIA. Richard.

[QUOTE=rulisky;2633503]I have a Lite-on iHBS112 using CL0K firmware. There have been no recent updates to this series of firmware.

Noticed that there is a newer PL0x series. I tried to update my drive using one of these. Of course it did not.

Wondering what, if any, benefit there may be with this newer series?? Does it even apply to my drive? Should I even worry about it?

TIA. Richard.[/QUOTE]
CL0K is the most recent fw. The newer series fw is not compatible with your drive.

Thought that might be the case, but wanted a confirming opinion.

Thanks!!

Yo-

jc may not be good looking - but he knows his burner hardware chit-eh!

So Lite-On posted firmware updates on the page labeled “Lite-On iHBS112 2” that are not for that drive. That’s extremely confusing. I had the same problem. Downloaded the latest firmware for the drive but it won’t install because it can’t find a “Lite-On iHBS112 2” drive. It can only find a “Lite-On iHBS112 2” drive. rolls eyes Any idea what drives the PL series firmware are for?

I ran into this issue because I can’t burn to Taiyo Yuden (JVC-AM-S6L-001) BD-R media. I think the error I’m getting from ImgBurn is a laser calibration error. I can burn to Verbatim just fine (VERBAT-IMc-000). I think the Verbatim uses HTL strategy and the Taiyo Yuden uses LTH strategy. I think that’s my problem.

http://www.hughsnews.ca/faqs/authoritative-blu-ray-disc-bd-faq/10-compatibility

I have the Lite-On iHBS112 2 and the PL04 firmware installed no problem.

Could not update from CL0K either, but now PL06 did the trick without problems. http://www.firmwarehq.com/Lite-On/iHBS112%2B2/files.html
Jan

I think I owe a minimal report about using Verbatim LTH with this rig.
I’m not wel versed in all the testing, so I I’ve attached two nero benchmarks of LTH discs written at max speed.
I think they are not too bad.
However, I’m going to compare with Sony as mentioned in http://www.archivesdefrance.culture.gouv.fr/static/6187, they appear to last a lot longer.
Lastly, I tried several Xlayer discs, hardly any was faultless under scandisc.
Jan

[QUOTE=janhec;2689799]Lastly, I tried several Xlayer discs, hardly any was faultless under scandisc.
Jan[/QUOTE]

What drive can scan BDXL discs, if that is what you mean?

[QUOTE=Coconut;2689851]What drive can scan BDXL discs, if that is what you mean?[/QUOTE]

Probably wasn’t too clear…
Tried make XLayer, media code LGEBRAS06. So different from those discussed in http://club.myce.com/f61/xlayer-bd-r-25gb-303546/, but see http://club.myce.com/f61/asus-bw-12b1st-ihbs112-lgebra-s06-328354/ for a similar experience. Could hardly read back a single one.

Although verbatim lth writing/reading seems to be improved by firmware update of ihbss112 to PL06, the XLayers don’t fare any better.
Strangely, I have one which did more or less ok, and >5 which I can’t read back at all :doh:. So no more XLayer for me.

[QUOTE=Coconut;2689851]What drive can scan BDXL discs, if that is what you mean?[/QUOTE]

xlayer is a subpar BD brand.
BDXL is BD with 3 or 4 layers!!!

[QUOTE=chef;2690806]xlayer is a subpar BD brand.
BDXL is BD with 3 or 4 layers!!![/QUOTE]
Eh he,
Didn’t know…
Didn’t want to confuse those, of course, so forget Xlayer for this conversation…
I hardly think my Liteon IHBs112 supports BDXL, but wasn’t planning on using them either, bit expensive (a blank bdxl disk costs about as much as my bd writer in the first place :disagree:)

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2633535]CL0K is the most recent fw. The newer series fw is not compatible with your drive.[/QUOTE]
Hi guys, I got a +2 yo IHBS112-37 that was stuck to CL0K and working fine, I just upgraded to PL06 as SmartPack advised and the stupid thing is bricked now…could somebody please help reverting it back to CL0K? I’ve found links to an old CL firmware trick but they were all 404 :doh:

I’m talking to Liteon but my hopes are low, I paid 96€ for this thing and only burned like 40 BD-R’s so I’d rather not toss it :confused:

Thanks for any help!

[QUOTE=leeperry;2713598]Hi guys, I got a +2 yo IHBS112-37 that was stuck to CL0K and working fine, I just upgraded to PL06 as SmartPack advised and the stupid thing is bricked now…could somebody please help reverting it back to CL0K? I’ve found links to an old CL firmware trick but they were all 404 :doh:

I’m talking to Liteon but my hopes are low, I paid 96€ for this thing and only burned like 40 BD-R’s so I’d rather not toss it :confused:

Thanks for any help![/QUOTE]

i have the same problem that you.how can i downgrade to the original one?