Ihbs112-37/-115

Hello Guys.
I have been searching the web for two days now without any satisfying results…

I am going to purchase this model but different resellers offer different “submodels” and there is no explanation about that.

But the price varies also!

So what is the main difference for those numbers?

My main goal is to read fast, especially BD-ROMs and I read that lite on doesn’t use riplocks and so the review in this forum also was great referring READING speed.

P.S.: is it worth upgrading to the 312model? The 212 only adds lightscribing to the 112 model, but maybe there are some interesting features the 312 offers?

[QUOTE=Jigsaw0001;2640871]Hello Guys.
I have been searching the web for two days now without any satisfying results…

I am going to purchase this model but different resellers offer different “submodels” and there is no explanation about that.

But the price varies also!

So what is the main difference for those numbers?

My main goal is to read fast, especially BD-ROMs and I read that lite on doesn’t use riplocks and so the review in this forum also was great referring READING speed.

P.S.: is it worth upgrading to the 312model? The 212 only adds lightscribing to the 112 model, but maybe there are some interesting features the 312 offers?[/QUOTE]

All of them should do what you want just fine.

The submodel version doesn’t really matter in that respect. Nowadays they should all be second generation drives (manufactured after July 2011) and in terms of HW/FW all 112 drives are identical irrespective of their subversion … same goes with the 212 family, the 312 family, etc. The 112-37 used to denote a 1st generation drive, but nowadays unless a retailer digs up a long forgotten old batch of drives which were manufactured before July 2011 (which is rather unlikely) then you can expect a 2nd generation drive.

The subversion figures indicate differences in terms of packaging, bundled software, bare vs boxed, retail vs OEM, etc … unless you’re interested to buy one which comes with bundled software, just buy the cheapest you can get and you’re in business …

Regarding the 312 model, as far as I know it doesn’t really bring anything new in feature terms compared to the 212 family …

[QUOTE=cvs;2641326]The 112-37 used to denote a 1st generation drive…[/QUOTE]

be careful. :bigsmile:

here we have a liteon ihbs112-37 2
mfd: september 2011
fw: PL01

and

if you are looking for a ihbs112-37 1st generation drive than have a look for…

1. ihbs112-37
  2. manufactured before 7/2011 !
    [B][U]and[/U][/B]
  3. CLxx (CL0K, CL0J, CL0G, CL0F, CL0D, CL0B, CL04) firmware version !

if you are looking for a ihbs212-32 1st generation drive than have a look for…

1. ihbs212-32
  2. manufactured before 7/2011 !
    [B][U]and[/U][/B]
  3. 5Lxx (5L09, 5L08, 5L07, 5L06, 5L03) firmware version !

1st generation drives don’t have a problem with odc to use the disc quality function. without any tricks. :cool: