IHBS112-04 Firmware / BD-RE DL not burning correctly

vbimport

hi guys, I have a IHBS112-04 drive and was wondering if the
Lite-On iHBS112 2 PL06 firmware I updated to is compatible. I got it from here:
http://www.firmwarehq.com/Lite-On/iHBS112%2B2/files.html

Single Layers burn fine, it’s just that the BD-RE’s that I try to erase or burn in Image burn on a Windows 7 machine, have around 50 write retry errors around the 50% mark.
I was thinking it had to do with the firmware because The Discs that I use have only been re-written over less than 10 times each.
I’m using a Verbatim BD-RE DL 2X anda Maxell BD-RE-DL 1-2X

thanks for your insights!!

Which firmware were you running previously? Did you try simply flashing it back to the version that was working for you?

I don’t remember what firmware I was on.
If one of my BD-RE DL was stopped by image burn during a burn I can still erase it and write over it right?

does anyone know what firmware the
[B]IHBS112-04 OEM comes stock with?[/B]

[QUOTE=jp554731;2681426]I don’t remember what firmware I was on.
If one of my BD-RE DL was stopped by image burn during a burn I can still erase it and write over it right?[/QUOTE]
Yes, you should be able to erase and use it.

[QUOTE=jp554731;2681592]does anyone know what firmware the
[B]IHBS112-04 OEM comes stock with?[/B][/QUOTE]
It comes with whichever firmware was the most recent at the time it was manufactured. Take a look at the date on your drive’s label.

Thanks, will look at that later tonight

Lite-On iHBS112 2 PL06 has anyone updated to this firmware
With the ibhs 112- 4 drive? Are they the same drive just with different firmware a installed and upgraded hardware?

[QUOTE=jp554731;2681788]Thanks, will look at that later tonight

Lite-On iHBS112 2 PL06 has anyone updated to this firmware
With the ibhs 112- 4 drive? Are they the same drive just with different firmware a installed and upgraded hardware?[/QUOTE]

All iHBS112 drives identify as iHBS112 2 in software. The -04 is just part of the model nomenclature to distinguish between retail and OEM versions sold. You may even just try flashing to the PL04/5 at firmwareHQ to roll it back.