iHAS624 A firmware

vbimport

There seems to be an iHAS624 A firmware here. Anyone with an iHAS424 A, 24B1LT, or 880SA try the crossflash?

[QUOTE=KTL;2565977]There seems to be an iHAS624 [B]A[/B] firmware here. Anyone with an iHAS424 A, 24B1LT, or 880SA try the crossflash?[/QUOTE]

Nice find! :clap:

The only missing bit now, is an unscrambled version of this firmware (I haven’t tried it yet, but I suspect FlashFix won’t work with this version of the LiteOn flasher) …

[QUOTE=KTL;2565977]There seems to be an iHAS624 [B]A[/B] firmware here. Anyone with an iHAS424 A, 24B1LT, or 880SA try the crossflash?[/QUOTE]

I have a spare asus 24 B1 LT . i’ll report as soon as i get back from work. anyone care to direct me on how to do it. a friend earlier guide me but i was unsuccessfull

Without a bin or unscrambled fw the crossflash is not possible.

Tried dragging the 624FW to FlashFix but it was a no go it would not work for me :sad:

Ah yes…need the unscrambled version. We would need to summon C0deKing. :smiley:

putting hands up to head and humming

[QUOTE=KTL;2566069]Ah yes…need the unscrambled version. We would need to summon C0deKing. :smiley:

putting hands up to head and humming[/QUOTE]

me starts chanting [B]C0deKing, C0deKing, C0deKing, C0deKing, C0deKing, C0deKing[/B]

[B]C0deKing comeback![/B]

not looking too good

i would love to know how to scramble a firmware.is there a how to? also i’d wish i could compare the a to the b version. this would be interesting.

[QUOTE=GDRIVER;2567958]i would love to know how to scramble a firmware.is there a how to? also i’d wish i could compare the a to the b version. this would be interesting.[/QUOTE]

Don’t you mean learn how to [U][B]UN-scramble[/B][/U] the FW as it is already scrambled and
there are no tutorials that I’m aware of anyway that exists on how to do it. :disagree:

Now as for comparing the difference between the A version and the B version I would
have to say that it is probably just like the other drives where the B version just has
the newer MTK chip-set and that is the only real difference between them. :confused:

yes but how the older mediatek chipset compares to the new one.? i think it could be very intriguing.

I don’t think it’s going to happen m8 , sry

yeah me to too. bummer really! why not though? i mean the 624b is already out so why not experiment with the RARE a version?

OK here is what you all have been waiting for I have used it on 2 drives and it works like a charm
on both drives I flashed my iHAS524 A to the iHAS624 A and it works perfect and then I decided to
also cross flash my brand new ASUS DRW-24B1LT to the iHAS624 A which also works perfectly. :iagree: :clap:

iHAS624 A FW
in a zip format that is a .bin file and is un-scrambled so you can flash your iHAS424 A / iHAS524 A
drives or cross flash your Asus 24B1LT to the iHAS624 A drive. :iagree:

Just click on iHAS624 A FW and download it and un-zip it and you are ready to flash away
[B]but do so at your own risk [/B] as we all know it can sometimes be risky to flash your drive so
[B]I will not be held responsible if you brick your drive[/B] so with that being said happy flashing
to one and all. :iagree:

Here is some quality score scans the first 2 are of some junky old MBI 01RG40 disc’s burned on
the real Liteon iHAS524 A flashed to a iHAS624 A
1ST disc was burned @ 8x
2ND disc was burned @ 12x
2 of the best burns I have ever had with that junky old MBI 01RG40 media. :slight_smile:

The second set of scans are TDK FTI produced TTH02 disc’s burned on a ASUS DRW-24B1LT that
I cross flashed To a Lite-On iHAS624 A using the above FW brand new straight out of the box with
no burns on it.

The first TTH02 disc was burned @ 8x and the second disc was burned @ 16x

wow thanks for this … :wink:
I have the .BIN file , so what software do you use to flash it to the drive ???

@Getit29 Thanks…

[B]Getit29[/B]
Many, many thanks.

Awesome, thanks!!!

Crossflashed Asus24B1LT@iHAS524 A to iHAS624A without problems.