iHAS524-T98A Scanning Issues

vbimport

New iHAS524 T98A F/W A BL2J from NewEgg just installed.

First disk scanned on the Lite-On was burned on another drive (a new Samsung SH-S243 installed at the same time as the iHAS524). Using CD DVD Speed 4.7.7.16, I had the settings at 4X and the disk quality reported PIE/PIFs in the hundreds! Changed settings to 8X and now appears to be reading errors at appropriate levels for a Lite-On as seen in this forum.

BUT… no JITTER!

All drives appear to be set to DMA and read disks fine.

I had tried COdeKinG’s Jitter Speed Setting Tool found here and set it to 4X.

Interestingly, OptiDrive does show Jitter.

Is there a registry setting I need to change/add for CD DVD Speed or do I need a different version of the scanning app to work with the Lite-On (or COdeKing’s app)?

Is there a FAQ on the setup of CD DVD Speed and OptiDrive for the Lite-On as well as what constitutes bad/good quality scans? Is this a good scan? This is a lot different than the quality scans on my BenQ 1640.

Disk burned: Falcon TTH02 DVD-R 8X Hub Printable burned at 8X.

Update

I found a modified CD DVD Speed 4.7.7.16 that does do Jitter scan. It does it after the PIE/PIF scan. How do I know what speed the Jitter is done at? If I have the disk quality scan set at 8X, does it then do Jitter at 8X? I thought Jitter should be done at 4X. (I also thought Disk Quality was supposed to be at 4X but I get PIE’s of ~1700 and PIF’s of ~400’s!)

If Jitter is being read at 8X, will COdeKinG’s Set Jitter Speed app ensure Jitter is scanned at 4X?

The following scans are another Falcon DVD-R TTH02 Hub Printable burned at 8X but now burned on the new iHAS524 T98A. First one shows the bizarre PIE/PIF errors when scanned at 4X, which I stopped quickly. The rest are scans done at 8X with CD DVD Speed 4.7.7.16 modified for iHAS.

[QUOTE=bulletx;2542945]
If Jitter is being read at 8X, will COdeKinG’s Set Jitter Speed app ensure Jitter is scanned at 4X?

The rest are scans done at 8X with CD DVD Speed 4.7.7.16 modified for iHAS.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Scans are looking good.

[QUOTE=Don Quichotte;2546307]Yes.

Scans are looking good.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for the reply!

I really like the iHAS524.