iHAS424 - I can't flash a firmware or read the EEPROM

vbimport

I received my brand new iHAS424 today and finally replaced my old Lite-On drive.

I’m using Windows 7 and previously had no problems flashing a new firmware to my old LH-20A1L. With the new drive however, every program I tried fails to read or modify the EEPROM. EEPROM Utility gives an error while trying to back up the ROM and the buttons in various flash and the settings utility are grayed out. Flash utility tells me, the size of the flash and everything is unknown.

How can this be - can you guys help me with that?

Then it’s likely you have gotten an iHAS424 with the NEC chipset. You can only use Binflash from here to dump and flash firmware. None of C0deKing’s utilities will work.

Hmm, thats probably a bad thing right :(? That Binflash program does work indeed.

Can I even flash the patched firmwares from Codeking to that drive?

Seems I got the iHAS424-32Y - can I just use an original Optiarc FW? If so, whats the equivalent Optiarc model no.?

Thanks a lot!

[QUOTE=zickZackMann;2532322]Seems I got the iHAS424-32Y - can I just use an original Optiarc FW? If so, whats the equivalent Optiarc model no.?

Thanks a lot![/QUOTE]
AD-7240

Thanks, but wasn’t 724[B]1[/B] the one with lightscribe? Is crossflashing unproblematic?

[QUOTE=zickZackMann;2532326]Thanks, but wasn’t 724[B]1[/B] the one with lightscribe? Is crossflashing unproblematic?[/QUOTE]
yes, you are correct, sorry not awake yet, I don’t know about crossflashing, if you did use 7240 FW you would loose lightscribe so just stay with 7241 FW to be safe

Thanks a lot guys!

I flashed a modified FW from liggy/dees site - I wasn’t aware they have versions up specifically for Lite-On NEC drives too.

I’ll use the new drive for burning an my old one for scanning - seems like they are the best of both worlds :D!

[QUOTE=zickZackMann;2532337]Thanks a lot guys!

I flashed a modified FW from liggy/dees site - I wasn’t aware they have versions up specifically for Lite-On NEC drives too.

I’ll use the new drive for burning an my old one for scanning - seems like they are the best of both worlds :D![/QUOTE]
:cool: