iHAS324-08 vs. iHAS324-09?

vbimport

i tried to search the forum for the answer, but the search function is not working for me at the moment.

anyway, are these the same drives? i ordered what was advertised as an iHAS324-08, but i received an iHAS324-09? is the 09 just the retail version of the 08? thanks for any information.

chris

I have both and as far as I can tell, they are the same except that it appears the -09 might be the 2009 version of that drive, and of course the -09 comes with different firmware. They are both retail versions, though.

Maybe someone that knows more will reply with additional information

Just to follow up on this a bit, here’s a vendor that sells it as the same drive:

http://www.directron.com/ihas32408.html

Notice that they show it as iHAS324-[B]08/09[/B] in the heading and description, then as the [B]-08[/B] in the part number.

[QUOTE=ozar;2459974]I have both and as far as I can tell, they are the same except that it appears the -09 might be the 2009 version of that drive, and of course the -09 comes with different firmware. They are both retail versions, though.

Maybe someone that knows more will reply with additional information[/QUOTE]
What are the firmware versions of the 08 and 09 that you have?
Noticed that Provantage has 672 of the 08’s in stock for anyone looking for the MTK drive.

Both have the Mediatek chip.