IHAS224 A drives not finishing quality scans

vbimport

Been a while since I did any quality scans and I’m having issues at the end of the disc quality scans. Scan ends at 99% and locks up the computer everytime. I tried with two different IHAS224 A drives with stock FW and mooded fw. So I 'm guessing I missed a regedit or something simple. Running Windows 7 64 bit. 1155 chipset. Also tried CD speed 4.7.7.16 with the same results. Any one care to enlighten me? TIA.

Not sure why it locks up at the jitter scan. Can you see if you can enable/disable the jitter scan in the version(s) of CD Speed you have & disable it, if enabled?

Also, are you using the plain 4.7.7.16, or the version floating around here that allows for jitter scanning with these newer LiteOn drives?

[QUOTE=Albert;2578129]Not sure why it locks up at the jitter scan. Can you see if you can enable/disable the jitter scan in the version(s) of CD Speed you have & disable it, if enabled?

Also, are you using the plain 4.7.7.16, or the version floating around here that allows for jitter scanning with these newer LiteOn drives?[/QUOTE]
Thanks.:slight_smile: That worked on both versions 4.7.7.16 that allows Jitter and Disc Speed 62.10.300. No Jitter reporting of course. Probably should have kept the Samsung 223L burners.(not really sure which burn better) Picked these drives up so I could do Jitter scans

The drives can report jitter in some system setups, which makes this one of those curious cases. I have no clue whether it may be a driver setup issue, a SATA controller setup issue in the BIOS, or some other software issue preventing it. Hopefully someone with the drive and a system equally as new as yours will chime in to give a little advice. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Albert;2578185]The drives can report jitter in some system setups, which makes this one of those curious cases. I have no clue whether it may be a driver setup issue, a SATA controller setup issue in the BIOS, or some other software issue preventing it. Hopefully someone with the drive and a system equally as new as yours will chime in to give a little advice. :)[/QUOTE]
Appreciate the help. Just sent My 980X chip back to Intel because it consistantly failed AIDA64 L3 cache write bench. So when I get the chip back I will test the second drive on my 1366 board.

Some chip-sets especially Intel do not play nicely with jitter scanning that would be my guess
as to why it’s not working for you. :confused:

[QUOTE=getit29;2578192]Some chip-sets especially Intel do not play nicely with jitter scanning that would be my guess
as to why it’s not working for you. :confused:[/QUOTE]
Yes. Re-installed the Intel Rapid storage drivers and everything seems to be working now with both versions of CD Speed. Thanks all.

Glad you got it sorted out I just had the feeling it was the chip-set drivers causing you the grief
as someone else in here had problems with scanning and the Intel chip-set / drivers a while back. :iagree: