iHAS124 W patched firmware?

Does a patched firmware exist for this drive? I am aware that it uses a Renesas chipset, but this could make it easier to patch like previous NEC and Optiarc drives.

Look here.

The drive came with firmware HL05 and there is HL0A available for download using SmartPack. How can I request a newer patched firmware as I really don’t want to downgrade to the available patched HL03?

[QUOTE=kyrcy;2694449]The drive came with firmware HL05 and there is HL0A available for download using SmartPack. How can I request a newer patched firmware as I really don’t want to downgrade to the available patched HL03?[/QUOTE]

Post your request here. Liggy will help you if he is not busy.

The W drive firmware has bitsetting built-in already, so unless you need rpc1, just use the latest.

The W series Drives use Liteon commands for bitsetting. So you can use Liteon’s tools(such as BookType135, EEPROM Utllity) for setting.

Can I use the same utilities to make the drive region free?

[QUOTE=kyrcy;2694498]Can I use the same utilities to make the drive region free?[/QUOTE]

No, you can’t

I noticed the CD/DVD Life Record Count and CD/DVD Record Count values while burning a disc with ImgBurn. Are these a feature of the Renesas chipset? No other LiteOn writer that I own (iHAS B/C/D) seem to report these.

My iHBS-112 also has this counter. Shouldn’t be chipset specific but rather a firmware feature.

Any idea what is the difference between CD/DVD Life Record Count and CD/DVD Record Count? I made a few successful burns, but the two numbers are different.

Life record count should be the total number of discs written (including failed burns), no idea about the non-life record count.

I connected this drive today to perform some tests and I noticed that the latest firmware available is HL0G. Is this already patched?

At least not patched by me. The latest firmware I patched for the 124W is HL0F but I have a dump of that firmware for more than two years already, but haven’t done any patching for ages.

[quote=“Liggy, post:14, topic:305723, full:true”]
At least not patched by me. The latest firmware I patched for the 124W is HL0F but I have a dump of that firmware for more than two years already, but haven’t done any patching for ages.
[/quote]I suppose this means that I am stuck with the stock firmware.

You could also downgrade to HL0F after making a backup of the original firmware. Maybe there’s no significant difference for you between these two firmwares. I will not rule out to eventually patch the last few firmwares that I still have in unmodified form, but that could still take some time as I always have other things that keep me busy.

I can live with RPC-2 as I prefer to have the latest firmware. If you manage to patch it of course I will immediately use that instead.