iHAS124-19

vbimport

Does anybody know if iHAS124-19 is a proper Mediatek drive or an Optiarc clone?

Where do you see the drive for sale?

[QUOTE=negritude;2475671]Where do you see the drive for sale?[/QUOTE]

Here: http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/-/2149/1416/-/11700790/LiteOn-IHAS124-19-24x-Internal-SATA-DVD-SM-Drive/Product.html?searchtype=genre

If the faceplate in the photo is accurate, then it’s a MediaTek (notice the SmartErase logo).

[QUOTE=negritude;2476036]If the faceplate in the photo is accurate, then it’s a MediaTek (notice the SmartErase logo).[/QUOTE]

Yes, but that’s quite a big IF :slight_smile: The most likely scenario is that they used a stock photo … Play.com are very good, but still I would be quite (pleasantly) surprised if the picture is actually accurate …

I guess I’ll have to email them and see what they say… I thought someone might have one of these -19 drives already so they can confirm which one is it …

I notice that these folks…

call out that this drive has SmartErase.

The 124-4 listed on Newegg has the busy light near the eject button.
The 124-19 has it like the old liteons on the left side.
The 124-4 listed on Newegg does not have Smarterase.

[QUOTE=pilgrim7993;2476329]I notice that these folks…

call out that this drive has SmartErase.[/QUOTE]

They also say that the iHAS324-32 from this link:

has SmartErase which I don’t think its the case (I’ve got an iHAS424-32 and it is an Optiarc clone).

I would not rely on the accuracy of the descriptions without proper confirmation, just to be on the safe side. Typically the model number is represented accurately, but sadly quite a lot of retailers just copy-paste things and use stock photos without realising the subtle differences between models …

Busy lite in wrong place.

There are references to iHAS124-19 Y drives here and here.

[QUOTE=Algol;2476597]There are references to iHAS124-19 Y drives here and here.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Algol, mystery solved. Its an Optiarc clone :frowning: