Ihas 124b 2mb NEX flash. Does not read or write properly

vbimport

Lite on IHAS 124B NEX 2mb flash. Chip is MEDIATEK MT1839LN
PDB Rev:03

Problem description:
Does not read discs properly and makes errors when burning.
Burned disks have majority of data correct but does not pass verification and disc’s are very poorly readable on other drives.

Things i have tried:
Software side: Flashing, crossflashing, restoring eeprom. Allso tried to read eeprom and flash from working drive and flashing it to this faulty one. After flashing i get “invalid checksum” error when tryign to convert drive.
Hardware side: Replaced the motherboard to another IHAS 124b drive (new laser and mechanics) Still exactly the same symptoms. Used the orther drives MB in faulty drive and it burns and verifies perfectly so its not hardware or mechanical issue.

What suggestions do you have for me? Has this kind of issue been seen before where the fault lies in the MB? What are the components that might be making the MB to behave like this?

I am capable of desoldering and resoldering MEDIATEK chipset from the motherboard. Should i try to remove and replace it with the working drive’s Chipset?

Any ideas are welcome.
Thank you.

Edit:
Faulty drive is missing this thing: i do not know what its for but it does not seem to be very important because i have successful burns and reads with that thing missing after i switched pcb’s.

[QUOTE=jackinthex;2706035][U]Problem description:[/U]
Does not read discs properly and makes errors when burning.
Burned disks have majority of data correct but does not pass verification and disc’s are very poorly readable on other drives.[/QUOTE]
This could mean a lens that needs cleaning or a drive that needs RMA if the discs are OK and can easily be read by a different drive

[QUOTE=jackinthex;2706035][U]Things i have tried:[/U]
[B]Hardware side:[/B] Replaced the motherboard to another IHAS 124b drive (new laser and mechanics) Still exactly the same symptoms. Used the orther drives MB in faulty drive and it burns and verifies perfectly so its not hardware or mechanical issue.[/INDENT][/QUOTE]
The drive calibration data is stored on a chip that’s part of the drive’s PCB, however the hardware that it’s calibrated for is the one that appears to be faulty.

[QUOTE=jackinthex;2706035]Faulty drive is missing this thing: i do not know what its for but it does not seem to be very important because i have successful burns and reads with that thing missing after i switched pcb’s.[/QUOTE]
This seems to be the Lightscribe sensor. So one of your drives must have Lightscribe capabilities, while the other doesn’t.

[QUOTE=Liggy;2706063]This could mean a lens that needs cleaning or a drive that needs RMA if the discs are OK and can easily be read by a different drive[/QUOTE]
No it does not. I have tested with perfectly fine lens and allso tested this lens on another drive. Lens reads and writes perfectly.

[QUOTE=Liggy;2706063]The drive calibration data is stored on a chip that’s part of the drive’s PCB, however the hardware that it’s calibrated for is the one that appears to be faulty.[/QUOTE]
You meen the lens? No the lens is 100% fine as stated in the first post.
If it is a problem with the calibration data then is it on mediatek chip? If i flash it shouldnt the calibration data allso be flashed over? Im very new to DVD RW drives.

[QUOTE=Liggy;2706063]
This seems to be the Lightscribe sensor. So one of your drives must have Lightscribe capabilities, while the other doesn’t.[/QUOTE]
Both drives are Lite-On Ihas 124b drives. So it does not make sens for one of them to have it and another one without it. But as 124b is suposed to be without lightscribe (afaik) then i guess its just extra :P.

Any ideas/suggestsions how to proceed?