IHAP322 nero speed doesn't show jitter

When running disc Quality, the ihap322 (8 UL17) I just installed, won’t show jitter info.

Need the patched version of CD/DVD Speed. Do a search. Made by CodeKing.

I downloaded it…4.7.7.16 and it still doesn’t show jitter?
The file is named CDspeed-ihas-47716; is there another one for ihap?

Ok, open the program up, go to disk quality and look for tab called Advanced. Go in there and check the box that says jitter.

Got it!
Nice purple line across the grid.
Thanks for the tip. :slight_smile:

No problem!

Just in case anyone else finds this thread, here’s a version that displays jitter for all LiteOn/PLDS hardware for the 20A3, iHAS, iHAP and onwards (does not display jitter for drives prior to this):
http://upload.cdfreaks.com/liteon/tools/CDSpeed-SE3-47716.rar

Thanks C0deking.

[QUOTE=C0deKing;2240460]Just in case anyone else finds this thread, here’s a version that displays jitter for all LiteOn/PLDS hardware for the 20A3, iHAS, iHAP and onwards (does not display jitter for drives prior to this):
http://upload.cdfreaks.com/liteon/tools/CDSpeed-SE3-47716.rar[/QUOTE]

Yes, I found this useful info and your patched software several months later. Thanks!

[QUOTE=C0deKing;2240460]Just in case anyone else finds this thread, here’s a version that displays jitter for all LiteOn/PLDS hardware for the 20A3, iHAS, iHAP and onwards (does not display jitter for drives prior to this):
http://upload.cdfreaks.com/liteon/tools/CDSpeed-SE3-47716.rar[/QUOTE]

I have an iHAP322 on order. In the meantime I tried your patched version and it does NOT work correctly with my Lite-On DH20A4P. It ran an ordinary PIE/PIF quality scan OK at 4x, but aborted with an error message about an invalid field at the end, before running jitter. If I try to do a Quick scan, it aborts almost immediately with an error message:

20A3, iHAS, iHAP and onwards

That’s why the 20A4 is not mentioned in my post. :wink: It can after the 20A3 and before the iHAS/iHAP drives. It uses the same jitter method that the 20A1 uses and is not supported by the SE3 version.

Thanks for clarifying. I’ll wait for my iHAP322 to arrive to try again.

Since I have your attention… :slight_smile:

Mildly curious why you chose the 4.7.7.16 version to patch. Maybe it was just the latest available at that time. Also it has more functionality tabs than later versions.

I’ve been using 4.11.2.0 recently which I believe is the latest free release version that works right, and it has been scanning OK for me. The last free version 5.0.1.250 gives an error message about a missing .dll file, and I couldn’t find an easy fix, so dropped it. Offhand I don’t see where these were any improvement over 4.7.7.16 unless they improved compatibility with some of the newer media.

4.7.7.16 is the last version of CD-DVD Speed, which Erik kindly released here on cdfreaks, especially for us. It resolved the last known bug in CD-DVD Speed, but only supported the new LiteOn jitter method, for the 20A3.

DiscSpeed has other issues that were never resolved in the free version.

Received and installed my new iHAP322 today which produces jitter with your modified CDSpeed.SE3 4.7.7.16 but probably incorrectly. I’ve never seen a jitter scan run so fast. It only takes a few seconds, literally zips across the grid. Also look at these quality scans of two movie discs, a DL and a single layer. First graph in each pair uses the new iHAP322 and your modified CDSpeed.SE3 4.7.7.16. The second graphs use DiscSpeed 4.11.2.0 and a Lite-On DH20A4P.

Could it be that your modified CDSpeed is compatible with iHAP322_08 but incompatible with my iHAP322_09? The iHAP322 _08 and _09 use different firmware.

The jitter speed can be change using a registry entry.

See this tool for that and set jitter to 4x:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/jitter-speed-setting-tool-v3-nero-cd-dvd-speed-new-228166/

[QUOTE=C0deKing;2409880]The jitter speed can be change using a registry entry.

See this tool for that and set jitter to 4x:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/jitter-speed-setting-tool-v3-nero-cd-dvd-speed-new-228166/[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but the jitterspeed tool had no effect. I set it to 4x and repeated the first quality scan above with the DL disc and CDSpeed.SE3 4.7.7.16. Jitter still scans at the same speed (very fast) and the scan looks the same.

My computer seems confused with 4 different versions of CDSpeed/DiscSpeed .exe files in the same folder, although they have different names. The TA Jitter tab has been lost from CDSpeed.SE3 4.7.7.16

[QUOTE=JohnnyBob1;2409898]Thanks, but the jitterspeed tool had no effect. I set it to 4x and repeated the first quality scan above with the DL disc and CDSpeed.SE3 4.7.7.16. Jitter still scans at the same speed (very fast) and the scan looks the same.

My computer seems confused with 4 different versions of CDSpeed/DiscSpeed .exe files in the same folder, although they have different names. The TA Jitter tab has been lost from CDSpeed.SE3 4.7.7.16[/QUOTE]

I put the 4 .exe files into different folders with their own shortcuts but that doesn’t change anything. Something is unstable here. What?