iHAP322 Firmware keeps breaking?

vbimport

I picked up the 322 a few months ago, running with WinXP.

The firmware keeps corrupting! Burning DVD+R with Nero or ImgBurn, after a reboot it will burn exactly one disc, at which point when the next disc is inserted the burning program thinks it’s a DVD+RW in the drive with a maximum speed setting of 2.4x, which it then wants to “erase”. The only way to fix is to flash the firmware and reboot.

Something similar happens when ripping audio CDs with iTunes, after a reboot it will perform flawlessly and rip dozens of CDs at near 20x, then somewhat at random it will “lose its way” and the max speed will drop down to 4x-6x, at which point the only remedy is to re-flash the drive and reboot.

The drive came with the UL15 firmware, I’ve also tried UL18 (faster ripping), and UL19, but this problem persists.

Any idea what might be causing this recurring problem with this drive?

Thanks!

First off Welcome to the forum. :iagree:

You would get a lot more help if you had posted it in the Liteon section of the forums
http://club.myce.com/f44/

maybe a mod can move it to the correct place but just don’t go and post the same thing in
the Liteon forum as that would be cross posting and that is frowned upon around here let a
mod move it for you. :iagree: :bigsmile:

Thread moved to our LiteOn forum. :wink:

[QUOTE=geetarz;2461891]I picked up the 322 a few months ago, running with WinXP.

[B]The firmware keeps corrupting![/B] Burning DVD+R with Nero or ImgBurn, after a reboot it will burn exactly one disc, at which point when the next disc is inserted the burning program thinks it’s a DVD+RW in the drive with a maximum speed setting of 2.4x, which it then wants to “erase”. The only way to fix is to flash the firmware and reboot.

Something similar happens when ripping audio CDs with iTunes, after a reboot it will perform flawlessly and rip dozens of CDs at near 20x, then somewhat at random it will “lose its way” and the max speed will drop down to 4x-6x, at which point the only remedy is to re-flash the drive and reboot.

The drive came with the UL15 firmware, I’ve also tried UL18 (faster ripping), and UL19, but this problem persists.

Any idea what might be causing this recurring problem with this drive?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Very doubtful.