I was bad-mouthing this drive (under my breath) over the last month or so because I thought it wasn't working right. Well, I'm the one that is actually stupid sighs. Long story trying to be made short:
Let's just say that outside of Ritek media I couldn't burn on anything else very well. The drive also seemed to not be as good of a reader as my Lite-On DVD-Rom drive (165H) and that had me perplexed as well. So tonight while I wasn't able to sleep (just real life junk keeping me up tonight and on my mind) I came upon a brilliant idea. 1.) IDE Cable bad? 2.) Screw length.
I know, I know. Screw length you might ask!? Well, when I had put my Lite-On CD Burner sometime ago (52x52x32) drive I didn't have proper drive screws and it didn't come with any. I grabbed up the shortest screws I could find and dropped them in the mounting brackets. The CD Burner worked fine. However, when I got my Lite-On LDW-451S I transferred those same screws/mounting brackets over to the new drive since my DVD-Rom drive was staying in the computer with the DVD-Burner. Well, since I still didn't have the "proper" mounting screws for the drive I yanked my DVD-Rom drive out since I knew that had the proper ones in it and compared. !!!! The screws were about twice as long in the DVD-Burner as compared to the ones in the DVD-Rom drive !!!! Very panicky and hoping that my poor 451S didn't bite the dust due to my stupidity (I bet the Lite-On RMA guys get a great laugh from morons like me all the time time!) and slapped the drive back in the bay leaving the DVD-Rom drive out for now.
Well, boot up and here is my first official Kprobe scan and boy does it look pretty. (Considering how awful it looked initially and considering this was burned on the screws that were too long yet, I'm anxious to make a couple burns of something just to test with now!)