IFPI files 2,100 lawsuits against P2P users across the world

It’s time that governments pulled the fangs of special interest lobby groups once and for all instead of kow-towing to them like the cowards they are.

I just posted the article IFPI files 2,100 lawsuits against P2P users across the world.

DamnedIfIknow used our news submit to tell us that the music 

industries top lobby group the IFPI has filed 2,100 lawsuits against P2P
users across 3 continents. The IFPI has filed…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/11167-IFPI-files-2100-lawsuits-against-P2P-users-across-the-world.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/11167-IFPI-files-2100-lawsuits-against-P2P-users-across-the-world.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Yes in Finland now you cannot even discuss DRM matters! This is an outrage. :frowning:

The more the music industry sues, abuses and attempts to inflict virus programs on their customers, the fewer customers they will have in the end. Will they ever learn? Probably not. Hit them where it hurts and the only thing they care about - their purses - stop buying their products completely. Let them whine forever.

Can somebody explain to me, how a lobby group can sue someone on someone else’s behalf?

"Yes in Finland now you cannot even discuss DRM matters! This is an outrage. " For a country that historically has held a healthy and active hatred of all things invasive and totalitarian for so long, that is indeed a sad state of affairs. When did you lose your way? The Russians didn’t get you but the RIAA sure did.

you can sue anybody, won a case is another matter!

Actually getting money or anything else after a judgment is yet another matter in civil cases. You don’t want to give, not much they can do about it except the obligatory threat letters in the mail. This why we have trash can’s :B

It seems to me that it is the thinking of dinosaurs that an industry can sue its customers and stay in business. :r