Ifoedit

can anyone give me a guide in using ifoedit and dvd2 one as I have not got a clue in what I am doing and why I might need to use it in some backups, I have had great sucess in using dvd decrypter dvd2one & recordnow dx , I just want to know how to use it:confused:

using dvd2one is simple. use a ripper such as dvd decryptor (preferred) or smart ripper in file mode and rip only the main movie files. then open in dvd2one and use common sense.

ifo edit is “a bit” more complicated. here is a link from which you can download a lot of info, like i did and read, read, read:
http://mpucoder.kewlhair.com/Derrow/guides.html

don’t forget to "get vts sectors…good luck. mike

Originally posted by gort
can anyone give me a guide in using ifoedit and dvd2 one as I have not got a clue in what I am doing and why I might need to use it in some backups, I have had great sucess in using dvd decrypter dvd2one & recordnow dx , I just want to know how to use it:confused:

http://www.doom9.org/mpg/ifoedit-basic.htm
or use Google i guess…

i have done over 50 backups using only,

#1 a ripping tool,both dvddecrypter and smartripper work. file mode or movie only seem to work the same for me,but no stream processing! make sure you clean the source dvd before ripping,very important,on this all else depends.

#2 dvd2one

#3 prassi dvd or nero,they both work fine, but i have read that one version of nero has issues. i prefer prassi with dvd2one.

i dont use ifoedit or ifoupdate. it seems to me that many people are living in the past when we HAD to use a cocktail of programs to achieve what dvd2one does all by its self.

the only problems i had were due to fingerprints on either the source dvd and/or the destination dvd-rw. this process is extremely sensitive to even the slightest contamination.

setting the output size to 4000mb will also help,it seems some media and/or some burners dont like burning the the very edge. also fingerprints are most likley to happen on the edge.

Originally posted by jwo62
i dont use ifoedit or ifoupdate. it seems to me that many people are living in the past when we HAD to use a cocktail of programs to achieve what dvd2one does all by its self.

:confused: I thought people who “lived” in the past, kept it simple. DVD2One v1.0.1 and .2 has now an option for us to pick a custom end size to bring us closer for 1:1 copies. Some “simple” people despise it, but more people LOVE it.:wink:

so, are you saying i am simple? that i despise 1:1 copies? where in my reply do i mention 1:1 copies? and where in this thread does it say anythining about 1:1 copies? I’ve been able to do 1:1 BACKUPS for years,but life is or was to short for that.

when i say living in the past, it is in the context of dvd re encodeing,obviously! not a general all encompassing mental state of being. apparently this phrase struck a nerve with you.
in the Past we DID have to do a much more complicated process to achieve what dvd2one does in 20 min. whether we were simple or not. do you feel that in the past it was less complicated?

my point was that ifoedit is not necessary to backup a dvd with dvd2one. many people are getting the idea that ifoedit is essential to use dvd2one at all.

Originally posted by jwo62
my point was that ifoedit is not necessary to backup a dvd with dvd2one. many people are getting the idea that ifoedit is essential to use dvd2one at all.

Ok, i’ll take back the “simple” remarks but right now, due the limitations of DVD2One v1.0.1/.2, it cannot do DVDs with episodes in one titleset. It just selects only one title. So if people want to keep their whole DVD the way they want to, this is where IFOUpdate is needed for correcting chapter points and IFOedit for optionally ridding of stuff like FBI warnings. This is where many people are getting their ideas. Without vision, we are blind to opportunity.

Your point is valid if people just want to acheive movie only backups. You don’t need no other tools. That’s fine with me, but not all DVD contain single title movies. There’s are alot of anime DVD owners who want to backup their collection. That’s my point.

Edit: I also like to point out this question in the FAQ:

Q) I have a disc with a serie of episodes can i process this with DVD2one?
A) Yes and No, yes it is possible using some very complicated tricks but to do it 1:1 NO not yet (see question one)

2cool,i know what you mean,i want to backup my daughters three spongebob dvd’s. they each have ten episodes each. even though it is possible to do it,i just cant bring myself to spend that much time. its funny,i didnt used to think twice about spending a couple days if necessary to re encode a whole dvd,extras and all. i would convert the vobs to mpeg and create my own menus in mydvd pe. i even have a second pc so that i can re encode on one pc while i work on the other. but now that i have used dvd2one,i have no ambition to spend any more time than the 20-30 min. it takes dvd2one to process a movie.

jwo62,

You bring back memories. Not that long ago I can remember using command line utilities to do the encoding and spending days modifying sound files trying to get them to sync – and the end output was a lousy looking VCD with blocks all over it.

Now I can put in a dvd, decrypt it, run InstantCopy and it is done – but I still bitch about the fact that it takes 3 hours (and one of three is in the burning) while I’m in the other room watching TV.

As they say, suffering is relative.

i cant wait to get my hands on instant copy. it wont be available here until mid march,according to the e-store. but i suspect that in the long run dvd2one will be the better product. if instant copy is like other pinnacle products there will be few improvments over time,what it is today is what it will be next year. any new versions will be a new purchase. with dvd2one we have actual contact directly with the programers.

3hrs doesnt sound too bad if the quality is better and if its a 1:1 backup with menus and extras.

I already got my Full ver of instant copy. Trust me, So far I still like DVD2one alot better. I have tried everything i can think of with a few movies and the menus still dont work worth a crap in home players.

If you really want it you can get it from J&R online – it took 3 days for delivery. www.jandr.com. It cost $39 and you get a $20 rebate. It doesn’t hurt to own both DVD2one and InstantCopy. I’d like to see both keep getting better.

Just so you know, I’m not affiliated with J&R, Pinnacle, or DVD2one. So I don’t have a dog in the fight…

thanks,i will order it right away.

thank’s to you all who replyed to my question I am still try to work it out maybe I will get it :o