IFO Files

Hi,

I have read Chickenman’s brilliant guide to converting a DivX/AVI file to DVD and have got to the point of burning it to DVD with Nero Recode 2 . The problem right at the end of Chickenmans guide it says check the IFO. file to see if its Ok. I do so and it is fine apart from there is no sound. Is that Ok and will there be sound if I burn the Audio_TS and the Video_TS to a disc. If there should be sound please could you give me your advice to sort out what I may have done wrong.

Thanks,

Chris

Afaik , the audio_ts directory is only used for " audio only " tracks on your dvd. Since your dvd contains only movies , the video_ts directory inhabits movies and the audio_ts directory stays empty.

So it is normal for there to be no sound…

Originally posted by kaybing27
So it is normal for there to be no sound…

There will be no files in the audio_ts directory , but the directory itself MUST be on the dvd. the sound and movie (vob files) will all be in the video_ts directory.

When you playback your freshly burnt dvd , you should have sound of course :slight_smile:

Ok, Ok, Ok. I have just realised you have misunderstood me…

You think I’m wondering why there are no sound file in the AUDIO_TS file…

I know that there should be nothing in the file, my problem is when i go into the Video_TS file and play the movie there is no sound, you cannot here anything even though the video is playing. That is my Problem…

Any Ideas??? :confused:

Cmon…

Some one help me out here…

GRRRRRRRRR…

I’m getting angry!!!

GRRRRRRRRRR…

P.S TIMMY!

Settle pettle :bigsmile:

So trying to play the newly created vob files does not produce any sound on the PC ? First of all what program are you using to play the IFO/VOB files with ?

Also, is the audio in AC3 or MP2 form. If AC-3 what program did you use to convert them with? The latest BeSweet produces an AC3 file with no sound so either use and earlier version (not sure on the number where it works) or try the new TMPGEnc AC-3 Pluggin. It can be run standalone and can convert the WAV to AC-3 no probs. Or try Soft SoftEncode if its still available. If you have Sonic Scenarist, there is AC3Enc included in that package as well.

If the audio is MP2, then I suggest your Windows installation is screwed.

Thanks for replying,

It was converted from mp2 to AC3 via the AC3 machine.

I have attempted to play it on, POWERDVD, WINDOWS MP, NERO SHOWTIME. (But nero showtime says it cannot decode the sound because i need a DVD-Video plug-in???)

What do you think my best option is?

Thanks

P.S sorry I got angry

Originally posted by ChickenMan
… try the new TMPGEnc AC-3 Pluggin. It can be run standalone and can convert the WAV to AC-3 no probs. Or try Sonic SoftEncode if its still available. If you have Sonic Scenarist, there is AC3Enc included in that package as well.

As I said above, I’d check out one of these options. All will produce working AC-3 files. TMPGEnc AC-3 Plugin would probably be the first I would start with.

Thanks for your help chickenman :slight_smile:

The problem was that the AC3machine was creating silent Ac3 files. So I used another program named “ffmpeg” which i downloaded from here

I have now sucessfully got my DVD files (working) and I am waiting for my NEC 2500a from SVP, when i recieve it i will straight away be able to burn the files with CloneDVD or Nero:)

Thanks again,

Chris