If you'd win $ 5,000 and had to spend it, what would you buy?

Let’s say you win USD 5,000 in a lotery/contest.
There is only one catch, you cannot put it into a savings account, but you had to spend it that same day…what would you buy?

Edit:

Currency is US dollars (changed the $ sign to USD, to prevent any confusion)

Not putting it into savings account should perhaps have been better described. Hence, I meant that you had to buy a consumer product (painting, computer, fridge, sofa or just throw a party…but it cannot be used to buy bonds/shares or paying off loans…

My topic, my rules :wink:

An american size fridge with ice cube maker

Anything I bloody well wanted :bigsmile: :iagree:

A Dual Layer DVD Burner with Tons of Dual Layer Blanks!:smiley:

Actually, I would probably buy the best computer that the $5,000 could afford…but what currency are we talking about?

I wouldn’t buy anything. I would put it towards my debt!

Originally posted by Ssseth
I wouldn’t buy anything. I would put it towards my debt!
“Debt”? What’s that mean??? ()I’m 13 :bigsmile: )

Originally posted by theone1_
“Debt”? What’s that mean??? ()I’m 13 :bigsmile: )

Just you wait sonny! :rolleyes:

I’d buy one kickass computer (and possibly some kickass speakers with an amp)!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Put it on a $0.00 owed Credit Card. That way, they will owe you $5,000 :bigsmile:

Would probably buy a savings bond or something worth $5,000 where the value would remain the same or increase over time.

Real estate down payment :bigsmile:
Property value in PHX keeps climbing.

I would get the best computer available in Alienware

and broadband 512kbps corporate connection :slight_smile:

i would also apply for cdfreaks ownership and kill all the evil mods/admins :slight_smile:

Lottery tickets.

Originally posted by arun_34
[B]I would get the best computer available in Alienware

and broadband 512kbps corporate connection :slight_smile:

i would also apply for cdfreaks ownership and kill all the evil mods/admins :slight_smile: [/B]

Voodoo PC > Alienware :iagree:

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
An american size fridge with ice cube maker
Dude skip the icecube maker if you want to keep your health. Bacteria galore! :eek:

I would buy a nice projector and a nice screen. But then I’d probably need a bigger house aswell. Bugger.

Originally posted by Airhead
[B]Dude skip the icecube maker if you want to keep your health. Bacteria galore! :eek:

I would buy a nice projector and a nice screen. But then I’d probably need a bigger house aswell. Bugger. [/B]

Bacteria’s wouldn’t stand a chance. I’d use that thing all summer long…

But first i have to destroy my bathroom and make a new one.

Mmmm. Use 1/3 of it to build a new computer for myself. Use another 1/3 to get a professional-grade SLR digital camera from Fuji (not their midrange ones, but the $1000+ ones with the new Super CCD SR). And then the final 1/3 I’ll never get because of the tax collector. :wink:

Enough beer for the whole summer including at least two festivals :iagree: (not sure 5000$ is enough though)

I’ll visit Tokyo!

Well as I am about to move to a new home (living together with my girlie) I think some furniture would be nice. Of course, I could use a new car as well :slight_smile: