If you were moderator for one day

If you were moderator for one day on this board, what would you change, do or would you only spend time on reading the admin/mod forum to see who are the naughty users? :wink:

Well, for one, I would be a lot more involved, no doubt. But I would constantly be on the forums (like I am already - except I would have a duty;)). Moreso, I would be looking for incorrect threads in the wrong forum, and move them so they can be better seen. Illegal topics - I would post a reason why, and then close the thread. Wouldn’t single out people either, a person is a person and EVERYONE has bad times in a day/week.

Pretty much, I would just read the rules, try to enforce them, and just be myself (no, not that stupid side :p). Plus, I wouldn’t need training! I have messed with an Admin vBulletin Control Panel (no, 100% not on this forum), so I know how easy it is to edit/close/move threads, plus edit user options.

Yes, I would want to be a moderator! :cool:

Originally posted by DoMiN8ToR
or would you only spend time on reading the admin/mod forum to see who are the naughty users? :wink:

the last option. . . :stuck_out_tongue:

and , i don’t know if mod’s can do that, change my one day into a lot . . . a lot lot . . :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :bigsmile:

well, :smiley:

see yah . . . :wink:

i am :bigsmile:

actually i don’t do much - mostly because i can’t :stuck_out_tongue: -, just read every single post in my section and try to be as active as possible on the rest of the forum.

i can change things?

Some time ago I was able to read the admin and moderator forums due to some mistake made by someone. It felt like I was a moderator for a couple of hours then :slight_smile:

Originally posted by dansmug
Some time ago I was able to read the admin and moderator forums due to some mistake made by someone. It felt like I was a moderator for a couple of hours then :slight_smile:

Luck git!!! lol:bigsmile:

Anyway I would pretty do what mods are supposed to, keep the forums clear of illigal stuff, move/delete posts e.t.c.

If I was an admin and could change board stuff, then I would enaple Posticons (the small pic that on some forums you can have shown before your thread topic).

Looks like cmr is posting his resume already… :slight_smile:

I would probably close a few of the childrens threads and probably spend a bunch of time in the admin/mod forum. I think it really depends on what part of the forum you are moderating. The more technical the forum, the more you have to do. I dont see anything hard about moderating the living room for instance other than closing a few retarded threads and keeping flaming down to a minimum.

I’d just be as helpful as possible,I mean a moderator shouldn’t break balls. I don’t
expect to see a Mod on ‘Cops’…:eek:

Hey,Dutchman,aren’t you from the Pioneer Pro DJ Forums??? Both that Dutchman and you hail from NY (my birthplace). Coincidence,or not???:bigsmile:

Originally posted by Flying Dutchman
I dont see anything hard about moderating the living room for instance other than closing a few retarded threads and keeping flaming down to a minimum.

Promised myself not to interfere in this thread (no mod/admin interference here…), but this I felt I had to comment on.
You’d be surprised how much time this costs. I cannot judge for the technical forums, but when I sometimes see the number of posts moved out of here, closed, edited or deleted…I would think twice about making that statement.

But, I am curious about all the things you would change or misbehavings you would do (when you’re an admin, you no longer have to suck up with the admins… :bigsmile: )

Originally posted by Flying Dutchman
The more technical the forum, the more you have to do.

you have to compare the sheer volume of posts received in the “nontechnical” forums with the tech ones, though.

Originally posted by Chriso
If I was an admin and could change board stuff, then I would enaple Posticons (the small pic that on some forums you can have shown before your thread topic).

Actually there is a subforum that has that turned on, only you can’t see it :wink:

Since I have no knowledge of what moderators on this forum truly do, my above statements were mere inferences. :slight_smile:

Its like riding a bicycle, you dont know whats its like to ride it if you always rollerblade.

Hmmm…I think this thread is a ‘search’ for a new mod ;). Probably am wrong, but I got a weird feeling…:smiley:

i think domi plans to take all the good opinions from this thread, and write a script for the “perfect mod”, that would filter any postings before they arrive in a forum, thus ensuring that they follow the rules.

now, you may doubt me on this, but remember, maybe domi discussed this already in the mod/admin forum?

//is totally full of shit today :smiley:

Admins have an option to pend all posts and threads until they approve ;).

^
|| All the more reason I should be on management :).

Originally posted by cmr2003x

Admins have an option to pend all posts and threads until they approve ;).

Like we have to much spare time on our hand! :wink: (option disabled :p)

See? I was right!!! :smiley:

All the more reason I should be a mod…:wink:

I would declare a “happy hour” so that all the banned people would have a short time to excuse themself,and then I would throw them out again!!:bigsmile: /gs.