If you burn a CD, the taliban will flog you

Are you happy to live in a land where greedy record companys and their brainless tools (lars ulrich, etc) is all you have to worry about? In Afghanistan under taliban rule, if you were caught with a CD-R, they would chop off your thumb and middle finger on your right hand (as they are used for placing a CD rom into a drive). They will also remove your index finger as this steadies the CD as you place it into the drive. Do you know how many bearded gentlemen were caught with a copy of Crazy Taxi a year ago? I think it’s listed on Amnesty International’s website. In Iraq, if you are found to have a CD-R with an mp3 file on it, they will take you to be used as a human shield for 2 years. In Pakistan, if you are found to use a file sharing program, they will make you make 250 pairs of Tommy Hilfiger jeans at a basic rate of .05 cents an hour for your crime. Live free, americans and be happy it’s not us, but them who suffer.

Fortunately, the Taliban is no longer in charge…

If you only knew how many strange laws there are, some dating from centuries ago (once gave my best friend a little boot with all kinds of these laws, for getting his law degree)…

in florida
it is against the law to share a motel roon with a woman
to whom you are not married.

it is against the law for a mans lips to come in contact with
a womans breast. (unless the contact involves a woman feeding
her child)

the USA has just as many silly laws
so lets just skip the racist rubbish in this forum OK.

one minor difference in the usa you wont actually be arrested for breaking such laws…

Originally posted by BadASCII
Live free, americans and be happy it’s not us, but them who suffer.
I’m getting soooooooooo tired of Americans praising themselves and their country and saying that Afghans should suffer suffer suffer!

That’s just so ignorant! :Z

(nothing personal BadASCII…)

How can anyone be happy a people suffers?!?

Originally posted by Azrael
[B]I’m getting soooooooooo tired of Americans praising themselves and their country and saying that Afghans should suffer suffer suffer!

/B] [/B]

It’s also the reason that most countries believe we Americans are arrogant. It’s time we worry about cleaning up our own back yard and stop worrying about other places. Pride is one thing but there is no need to be stupid about it.

Ed

Please note thet I didn’t say all Americans… That would be just as ignorant. I am not anti-USA, I just don’t share Bush’s point of view on the matter…

Originally posted by Azrael
Please note thet I didn’t say all Americans…

I know you didn’t, but I was implying that humility goes a long way in letting people know that not all Americans are arrogant. I would bet that several people on this board never met one in person. If they see arrogance on the board they will naturally think that it is just the way we are which is not always true. It is true in many cases and I am not blind to it. I was fortunate and have been all over Asia and have seen it with my own eyes. I just don’t think we need to start forcing our opinions on an International forum. :eek:

We can agree to disagree on which views we share, but I am glad we are going after murderers.

Ed

…talibans… :Z

The United States is an upstanding, forthright society in which people are brutally murdered in cold blood by the state for crimes they should not have been convicted of and crimes which they committed when they were under 18. Abolish capital punishment and then preech - and remember most of Europe did it 25-30 years ago.

The United States is an upstanding forthright society which holds around 1/4 of the world’s wealth yet only houses 4% of the world’s population.

The United States is an upstanding forthright society which pulls out of major international treaties on climate change.

The United States is an upstanding forthright society which spends billions of dollars on Star-Wars schemes while 3/4 of the world starves.

Shut up about yourselves until you can get things right. Europe is the only example here.

Maybe me we should keep burning cd’s and maybe the groundhogs will poke there heads out of the hole. Not the poor suffering afghan people, but those f-----terrorists.

untill 2 years ago i spent 11 years in pakistan. most software distributed in asia is pirated from singapore . you cant buy “original” software in pakistan / india / iraq .
and they certainly do not freaking make you make jeans or footballs or whatever your dumbshit friend told you they do if they find you with mp3’s. god where do you come up with such ignorant statements. pakistan is somewhat like turkey . its a liberal country you can live life the way you want to (provided you got the money)
Be glad my friend that you got lucky and were born in a western country and had no troubles in life . things could have been different and you coulda been born in afghanistan :slight_smile: I certainly am .
PEACE

untill 2 years ago i spent 11 years in pakistan. most software distributed in asia is pirated from singapore . you cant buy “original” software in pakistan / india / iraq .
and they certainly do not freaking make you make jeans or footballs or whatever your dumbshit friend told you they do if they find you with mp3’s. god where do you come up with such ignorant statements. pakistan is somewhat like turkey . its a liberal country you can live life the way you want to (provided you got the money)
Be glad my friend that you got lucky and were born in a western country and had no troubles in life . things could have been different and you coulda been born in afghanistan :slight_smile: I certainly am .
PEACE

Originally posted by the111
The United States is an upstanding, forthright society in which people are brutally murdered in cold blood by the state for crimes they should not have been convicted of and crimes which they committed when they were under 18.

I hardly equate a person being capitally punished with being ‘brutally murdered in cold blood’ after committing the crime of murder. I bet you are for a woman’s right to an abortion though. So it’s cool to defend a murderer and kill the innocent? It’s called the law. Either you abide by it or you do not. If England is so great I wish I practiced Druidism in the 1500’s…NOT! I guess you have no clue as to the people that died in the name of Catholocism. Don’t throw stones when you have no idea where the hurricane force winds will blow them back. Another thing. Why did your personal crimerate skyrocket after guns were outlawed? That’s right, the thugs didn’t have a reason to be scared anymore. You are a weenie that cannot think outside of paradigm so go home. Just ask those poor people in Australia that broke the law by having a hunting firearm that was confiscated…

I love my country as you do yours and I can’t understand how you feel a need to express your political interests by my previous post. I came in here and said that it isn’t cool to push one’s own beliefs in an International forum such as this. If you are 10 years old I might understand, but don’t think for a second that your country is better than mine after we kicked your ass. k? k!

I really don’t know what retarded English lesson you received in school, but you got your asses handed to you EVERY SINGLE TIME, you messed with MY country. :wink: Dude, your country got smoked when she messed with the best. :smiley:

I never implied that my country is any better than another. But, the U.S.A. did kick your limey ass! Yeah, I figured I had to remind you of that again. “Spank!!!”, said Washington to Cornwallis. :smiley: I really contribute that to our European heritage on overcoming adversity though. I thank our Germanic genes for that will to survive. Learn your history and maybe one of these people will buy you a nice ice cold geuze. (pronounced who-where-tza in rapid succession).

I spent 7 years in the United States Marine Corps Infantry for my country. What did you do for your country? So who the hell are you to knock my country? Huh? Wanna fight over it? My country is worth the fight, is yours? Mad cow disease. <-- It’s there for a reason. Maybe God is punishing the heathens! gasp

The funny thing is a really good friend of mine is from Hasselt, België and I would fight and possibly die for it if it came to that. It’s called loyalty/friendship. Either you have it or you do not.

I would like to thank you for sucking me into a thread that I never wanted to get into though. For those of you that have read this far, I thank you. They are the ramblings of a man that is willing to defend something that is easily defended. It is called “Life”. I hope you can enjoy it without being persecuted in the persuit of it. I am fortunate in the fact that my sorry country has told me in a document that several thousand men gave their lives for, I have a chance at “A persuit of happiness.” Is that a bad thing?

Again, I am very sorry for having to defend my country, but I would expect any of you to do the same for yours. I don’t know where you are from, but I won’t pass judgement on it because of my ignorance. So grow up and be grateful the U.S.A gives you grain. :stuck_out_tongue:

To everyone else, I apologize for feeling the need to write this, kind of. :wink:

Ed

Originally posted by Ed~ward
You are a weenie that cannot think outside of paradigm so go home.

Aren’t you doing the same with your chauvinistic rant?

Originally posted by Ed~ward
So grow up and be grateful the U.S.A gives you grain. :stuck_out_tongue:

Everybody: be gratefull to the USA because they give us grain! :Z

Oh dear wots happened here?Americans are arrogant but so are we brits,and let us not forget that IRA (terrorists) are funded largely by the good old US of A so called irish (whom most have never set foot in Ireland in their lives).:rolleyes:
Did America declare war on the irish when innocent children/people were killed and maimed by bombs,i think not.
And ed~ward i think you should be proud of your own country but if you look at our limey war record through history,for a tiny country it’s not bad in fact not many peeps have kicked our ass.
The next point is i do and have known quite a few yanks and yes they are brash + loud but that is your way and we brits are quiet thats the way we are.But you are also extremely kind and helpful by nature and the way the elderly are treated with such respect puts us to shame(and i’m not a pensioner myself) but if you must trade insults then remember the gulf war,you certainly kicked our ass when our only casualties were caused by your troops.And then there’s veitnam,correct me if i’m wrong but didn’t your troops come home with their tails between their legs to be ignored and shunned by your own people for christ sake.
So lets not get personal and just help each other copy a few CD’S eh!!! talk about off subject this topic misses by a mile,
Anyway happy burning + happy new year:D :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

At last a sensible reply! :smiley:

Two thoughts here.

First, www.dumblaws.com (maybe .org or .net, i can never remember and i’m too lazy to verify) can tell you more laws that the US has made and wishes it could forget. My personal favorite is from Indiana, whose state legislature said that from then on, pi would equal 4, not 3.1415.

Second thought, the US does not give other countries grain because we are nice. We give other countries grain because every year the farmers here produce a whole helluva lot more than the market demands. The government buys the excess grain so that farmers can continue farming and not go out of business, and then gives that grain to other countries who’s people cannot figure out why corn does not grow in the desert (re: Too much sand. often people blame lack of water, but they’re wrong. if you dont believe me, plant corn in a sandbox). Of course, it’s still charity, but its like rich people giving money to dodge taxes, you know?

mmm about the grain part… When the usa dumps its grain on poor countries… The local market gets totally fucked… resulting in local farmers going out of business etc…

Ed~ward

It’s also the reason that most countries believe we Americans are arrogant. It’s time we worry about cleaning up our own back yard and stop worrying about other places. Pride is one thing but there is no need to be stupid about it.

Well, I have to agree with you. I am not anti-USA either, but also believe that USA goverment must let other countries solve their own problems by themselves. Why they always have USA involved to other countries national affair?

We all said that what happened in USA at 11th of September was a tragedy. We all contemn it, forceful, but in the other have anyone think that maybe that hate from fanatic muslims againstthe USA is because what USA did to the muslims country to the past, or what that muslims want to believe that USA attacked to muslims country with no reason?
I can’t tell if attacks was right or wrong but have to questions:

When Iraq attacked to Kuweit, USA attacked to IRAQ immediately, just as the USA goverment said KUWEIT must set free.
Turkey attacked to Cyprus, back at 1974, USA do nothing about it.
Ofcource in first cause OIL was in middle of war, and in second cause (Cyprus) nothing was in middle, and Turkey is a USA ally.

When at Nigeria they had a civil war, USA did nothing. When in Yugoslavia had a civil war USA attack.
But Nigeria had nothing, and Craotia has uranium and plutonium.

That’s why most people outside USA believes that USA’s intentions are not for a good cause. Something hide behind all those attacks.

I love american people, have lot of friends from USA, even have relatives there, I must say that I am thankfull that USA accept people of my country and let them work there, and proove what Greek people can do with work even in foreign country.
Just can’t accept all the decisions that amwerican goverment take as how USA must treat foreign countries.

Sometimes USA goverment give me the impression that it is the pimp of Earth.