If The RIAA Succeeds,

vbimport

I’m just thinking ahead in case the RIAA eventually succeeds in shutting down all of the file sharing sites and if all music publishers figure out a way to copy-protect their music CDs. Music videos are broadcast publically and I think it is legal to copy material that is broadcast. The quality is pretty good too.

I can save VH1 and MTV music videos to my hard drive using my ATI All-In-Wonder card and Windows Movie Maker. Does anyone know how to separate the video and audio and save the audio as a seperate file in mp3 or wma format?

I don’t think it’s legal to rebroadcast entire videoclips but alas…

There are various extraction tools on the web that can grab a wave file out of an mpeg file.
I believe Xing Mpeg encoder and VirtualDub can do this.

If they succeed, we’ll just patiently record from line in, like in the old days of cassette tapes.

Well,what if they don´t suceed?/gs

the RIAA wil never succeed because as long as you can hear or see it you can copy it :wink:

greetz

If they succeed, monkeys will fly out of my butt.

For your sake I hope they fail. lol

the RIAA has turned into a Nazi organization and just needs to be incapacitated and shut down. Seriously. All they do is allow record companies to rip us off…

Nazi were actually “ripping people off”, but not the same way. That’s not comparable.

And nobody forces you to give them your money. Let’s lower the tone a bit, please. Keep the discussion constructive…

Originally posted by Pio2001
[B]Nazi were actually “ripping people off”, but not the same way. That’s not comparable.

And nobody forces you to give them your money. Let’s lower the tone a bit, please. Keep the discussion constructive… [/B]

I agree. Nazi has got to be the most overused phrase. And except for the Japanese in China at that time nothing compares to Adolph and company.

The RIAA is wasting lots of money from the record companies. If they have any tech knowledge then they have to know this is an unwinnable fight.

The only way they will win is if the hardware makers are forced to go along with them. The market for older sound cards would be very hot I think!

What SHOULD happen is that all their targeted market says for one month they will buy nothing from any media outlet. That would certainly get their attention. Who do they target? College students like me!

Boycott the RIAA. Join the EFF.