If not Yuden, which better alternative?

vbimport

as above
hard to find Taiyo Yuden in my country
any other alternative? i am eye ing SONY, Mitsubishi or FUJI for +DVD or -DVD
any advice?

Mitsubishi branded discs are hard to find. If they’re cheap they should be actually made by Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation who are good. I’d get them or Sony.

[QUOTE=malvindo;2008673]as above
hard to find Taiyo Yuden in my country
any other alternative? i am eye ing SONY, Mitsubishi or FUJI for +DVD or -DVD
any advice?[/QUOTE]

opps forget, i am intending for storage, so prefer the durable data storage

thx in advance

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2008677]Mitsubishi branded discs are hard to find. If they’re cheap they should be actually made by Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation who are good. I’d get them or Sony.[/QUOTE]

thx for fast reply
hmm, ok i will eye ing on Sony or those MCC03 :iagree:

Oh are the Mitsubishi discs 8x +R MCC003? If yes, get them as they work great.

Some might hate me for saying that, but I have great results with Pleomax/Samsung dvd discs. So if you can’t find any MCC or Sony media, give them a try.

[QUOTE=talos_2002;2011445]Some might hate me for saying that, but I have great results with Pleomax/Samsung dvd discs. So if you can’t find any MCC or Sony media, give them a try.[/QUOTE]

The only problem is which ones do you mean.
Samsung sells a range of different media under their name.
And the behaviour is not consistant thanks to this. Reason why people will not recommend them.

Samsung only sells Optodiscs here in Europe, nothing else.

And they’re great quality.

[QUOTE=Womi;2011460]Samsung only sells Optodiscs here in Europe, nothing else.

And they’re great quality.[/QUOTE]

One of the [B]best[/B] :clap::bow:

I never even saw one LOL. If I started buying Optodiscs now what would I do with all my Yudens?:frowning:

[QUOTE=Womi;2011460]Samsung only sells Optodiscs here in Europe, nothing else.

And they’re great quality.[/QUOTE]
That’s what I thought, but I got MBI instead and they’re definitely not [B]top[/B] quality. :a (Pleomax printable).

G

^ Haha, well there goes the whole “samsung only sell Optodisc” theory :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, Samsung used to be only Optodisc, but not anymore. Unless I missed something, Optodisc stopped making media, so brands such as Imation in the states, and Samsung in Europe, had to stop using them and get another source.

Optodisc is gone from the market. Anything you find now is what they pumped out before shutting down.

Samsung is always Optodisc “only” when MIT :wink:

MBI is MII

alan1476 :

Samsung DVD-R

Samsung DVD+R

Samsung branded Optodiscs are the cheapest here in Egypt and the market is full of them @ .27$ per disc , the same price as the horrible Benq’s DAXON AZ3 .

I was about to buy thousands of them but decided to go Panasonic TYG03 for .45$ per disc and get the Samsung for testing and for second backups

Sorry guys but samsung sells for the 16x media all of the following.

16x +R
Ritek-R04 -Ritek made (okay this is really old stock and the package will give it away but I’m just listing it for completeness)
Ricohjpnr03 - Ritek made
MBIL 16x +R code. Don’t know it out of my head.
Optodisc 16x +R code.

16x -R
MBIL 16x -R azo dye MID
MBIL 16x -R oxonol dye MID
Optodisc

So that’s for both at formats at least 3 different versions.

And you never know what is comming. Reason for some stores who normally list codes to put Samsung in the same categorie as Platinum,imation and Memorex and not list a MID there.

Well , I just got a 10 disc spindle from a friend who owns a PC store , I didn’t look at the COO or anything else and they turned to be MIC UME02 :doh:

It seems these discs are here from the start and that is why a guy that owns a media store warned me before about Samsung media in spindles with dark grey bottom , he referred to them as “fakes”, these crap were dark grey and MIC :a

I know for sure that we have the good “OPTODISC” MIT with very light grey bottom , tomorrow I’ll try to find them and throw this spindle away

But first here is a scan for a disc burnt with Samsung 203B@12x :

[QUOTE=dakhaas;2012094]Sorry guys but samsung sells for the 16x media all of the following.

16x +R
Ritek-R04 -Ritek made (okay this is really old stock and the package will give it away but I’m just listing it for completeness)
Ricohjpnr03 - Ritek made
MBIL 16x +R code. Don’t know it out of my head.
Optodisc 16x +R code.

16x -R
MBIL 16x -R azo dye MID
MBIL 16x -R oxonol dye MID
Optodisc

So that’s for both at formats at least 3 different versions.

And you never know what is comming. Reason for some stores who normally list codes to put Samsung in the same categorie as Platinum,imation and Memorex and not list a MID there.[/QUOTE]

And don’t forget the infamous UME DVDs

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f58/imation-50pk-dvd-r-dvd-r-100pk-cd-r-target-11-a-228424/#post1892982