If I make an .ISO of a disc, then copy it, do I copy all the problems as well?

vbimport

My PS2 is having problems (the games are skipping etc etc), so I’m trying out different media.

Lets say I backed up the game FFX-2 onto a DVD+R.

Now lets say I made a NEW .ISO image from my DVD+R disc.

Now I burn that new image onto a DVD-R disc.

Because the DVD+R disc didn’t work in my PS2 and I made an ISO image from it, will my new DVD-R disc have the same problems?

It would probably be wiser to use your original copy of the game rather then a burnt disc to make another backup.

But yes, that should work fine.

Originally posted by sofakng
[B]My PS2 is having problems (the games are skipping etc etc), so I’m trying out different media.

Lets say I backed up the game FFX-2 onto a DVD+R.

Now lets say I made a NEW .ISO image from my DVD+R disc.

Now I burn that new image onto a DVD-R disc.

Because the DVD+R disc didn’t work in my PS2 and I made an ISO image from it, will my new DVD-R disc have the same problems? [/B]

You have the right idea. Ripping the disc back to your drive and reburning (preferrably at a lower burn speed) should increase the playbility on your PS2. This is assuming that the DVDR doesn’t have errors too high that would render it unreadable. Watch out for the dreaded cyclic redundancy error :eek:

Originally posted by Ssseth
[B]It would probably be wiser to use your original copy of the game rather then a burnt disc to make another backup.

But yes, that should work fine. [/B]

If it were an audio CD it would be wiser to use your original, however when we’re talking about a DATA DVD or Video DVD (which is DATA) he should have no problem making an ISO of that DVD+R copy and transfering it to another DVD+R, to answer his question, he will not transfer the problems to his new DVD+R providing the initial data is not corrupt. I’ve seen cases where the DVD+R will cause problems on a given DVD Player, due to the media type, but usually the same DVD+R can be read by your DVD-ROM without any problems, even with high PI/PO.

I can read DVD+Rs with PI/PO that sky rocket past the specs and they are 100% readable and compare bit to bit to original DATA. These discs may cause problems in some DVD Players however.

As long as the disc is not in a bad condition that make its sectors unreadable or damaged to a point of corruption you should have no problem.