If i go to a computer show and buy a lite-on drive

vbimport

would i be able to tell which one will have the p-cav and which one will have the z-clv ? I know for sure the 48x is p-cav, but what about the 32x and the 40x? Is there a label that indicates it or do i have to look into the firmware or what Nero report?

Thnx, your input would be much appreciated.

Btw, when you upgrade or o/c ur lite-on, do you upgrade successively or can you jump straight to the speed you want? IE, instead of going 16x - 24x - 32x - 40x - 48x, can you go 16x - 48x, this is juz an example, i nkow you can't do 16x - 48x.

would i be able to tell which one will have the p-cav and which one will have the z-clv

Easiest way is to check out the specs on the Liteon website.

when you upgrade or o/c ur lite-on, do you upgrade successively or can you jump straight to the speed you want? IE, instead of going 16x - 24x - 32x - 40x - 48x, can you go 16x - 48x, this is juz an example, i nkow you can’t do 16x - 48x.

The upgrade can be done both ways. For instance, the 32x burner (32125W) can be upgraded to 40x and then 48x. However, if getting to 48x is your goal, you can use the relevant firmware to OC directly from 32 to 48x.

BTW, 16x - 24x - 32x - 40x - 48x is not possible with a 16x burner :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think there is amy ways to see it on the box, but if you look at the top of the drive it will say LTR-32125W for the 32X.

If it’s the 40X it doesn’t matter, since with the new firmware update they both have P-CAV write tech.