If anyone can help, you guys can

vbimport

Hi folks,

Reading through the site recently and found it fantastic! I am full sure that my problem will be rectified ( with a little help from your good selves ). :bow:

Problem: DVD backups appear to process fine. Nero 6 ( latest edition ), ANYDVD, Clone DVD 2, DVD Decrypter / Shrink: Have tried all combinations and no errors during backup ( Always get that " Backup successful" message. Media is Fuji ( TYG02 ) DVD-r 8*. Have also used Verbatim and Ritek ( G04 and G05 ). Have burned at all speeds from 1 to 8.

Hardware: Sony DRU-530A ( firmware 2.1c ) and Samsung SD-616 ( bpt3 ). When the DVDs are placed in standalone DVD players, they play with varying levels of success. The same problems persist: skipping / freezing at various points in the recording. Several standalones tested (both older and most recent models ). The strange thing is that all play fine in PS2 with no issues ( and, of course, on the PC ). Is my problem media or hardware related ???

Im am borderline suicidal at this stage and have tried many searches for relevant topics. Skipping / freezing issues seem common but I’ve tried so many combos. I’m stumped… :confused:

Maybe the lens needs cleaned.

Why so many programs?
dvddecrypter(rip) iso>
dvdshrink(transcode if needed) iso>
dvdecrypter(burn) iso

“quote”
Hardware: Sony DRU-530A ( firmware 2.1c ) and Samsung SD-616 ( bpt3 ). When the DVDs are placed in standalone DVD players, they play with varying levels of success. The same problems persist: skipping / freezing at various points in the recording. Several standalones tested (both older and most recent models ). The strange thing is that all play fine in PS2 with no issues ( and, of course, on the PC ). Is my problem media or hardware related ???
check here for dvd player and media compatibility www.videohelp.com

Thanks for the quick reply guys.

Quote:
Maybe the lens needs cleaned

Yep. tried that during the early stages

Quote:
Why so many programs?
dvddecrypter(rip) iso>
dvdshrink(transcode if needed) iso>
dvdecrypter(burn) iso

The reasons for so many programs is simply to try to resolve the issue and see whats out there. Reading many posts, it appears that several combinations of ripppers / transcoders are favoured by people. Just trying them out to eliminate them as a cause. Having said that, initially used DVD decrypter / Shrink ( sure its free… why wouldnt you ) :slight_smile:

Quote:
check here for dvd player and media compatibility www.videohelp.com

Several standalones tested show compatability with media used. Taiyo Yuden appears ( generally ) to be the chosen one when it comes to media. Bearing in mind that all play fine on the PS2, what makes that games console so forgiving when it comes to DVD -R playback ?

Burn at 4X. Try made in Japan media. You can email Rima.com and request a sample of Taiyo Yuden’s 8X DVD-R and DVD+R media.

We had exchanged views on this type of persisting problem a lot of times, so some/most of us experimented like you.

Please do the following:

1. Consider updating your firmware (at your own risk): http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?category=4&manufactor=30
  2. Use a DVD+R medium, preferably RICOHJPN.
  3. Use only AnyDVD with CloneDVD2 to make a backup (for experimenting, quickest, most reliable way).
    Your problem is both hardware and media issue, i.e. your burners can not “handle” normally the media used. So, you have to find the most suitable media for your burners. First make a try with Sony.

P.S.:

1. Please, read this thread http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=120671
  2. Taiyo Yuden is generally considered to be the best media, but not for all burners, especially burning at 8x.

When you have CloneDVD you need ANYDVD. And if one program didn’t fix the program than maybe the other one will work…

Thanks again guys,

Very informative link Alex…

Next stop DVD+R: Could be just the ticket ! :wink:

If that fails, then the Sony DRU-530A is in the toilet :smiley: