IE9 reaches impressive milestone in one day

vbimport

IE9 reaches impressive milestone in one day.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2011/03/BdKms.jpg[/newsimage]Microsoft released the latest addition to its struggling Internet Explorer line-up on Monday. The company advertised the new IE9 web browser as a quick, sleek alternative to the offerings of competitors such as Firefox and Chrome - the latter of which is slowly but surely gaining ground in overall market share. Based on a report from the Washington-based company, the new iteration is off to a very strong start.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/ie9-reaches-impressive-milestone-in-one-day-41625/](http://www.myce.com/news/ie9-reaches-impressive-milestone-in-one-day-41625/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

“It’s too early to say if this early boom will lead to the Internet Explorer brand reclaiming its previous position as most-used web browser …”

Really? RECLAIM its previous position as most used web browser? I wasn’t aware they had lost that position. Looks like Internet Explorer is far and away the number one browser.

Usage share of browsers for February 2011.
Source IE Firefox Chrome Safari Opera
Net Applications 56.77% 21.74% 10.93% 6.36% 3.47%
StatCounter 45.44% 30.37% 16.54% 5.08% 2.00%
W3Counter 40.2% 30.5% 15.2% 6.0% 2.0%
Wikimedia 41.66% 27.63% 12.58% 9.22% 4.23%
Median 43.55% 29.00% 13.89% 6.18% 2.74%

Thanks for pointing that out, Brad.

The site I referred to provided vastly different numbers that showed Firefox as more popular: http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

However, upon further research, it seems the stats there are just a little misleading.

I apologize for the mistake. This post will be edited to address the oversight, as will my previous article on IE9 which referenced the same source.

Thanks,

Justin Massoud

[QUOTE=BradWright;2580363]“It’s too early to say if this early boom will lead to the Internet Explorer brand reclaiming its previous position as most-used web browser …”

Really? RECLAIM its previous position as most used web browser? I wasn’t aware they had lost that position. Looks like Internet Explorer is far and away the number one browser.

[/QUOTE]

When you consider it’s bundled and installed with every copy of Windows and the great unwashed out there no of nothing else I’m not at all surprised that it is number 1 in browsers. Doesn’t mean that i will ever use it…

[QUOTE=paulw2;2580440]When you consider it’s bundled and installed with every copy of Windows and the great unwashed out there no of nothing else I’m not at all surprised that it is number 1 in browsers. Doesn’t mean that i will ever use it…[/QUOTE]

Hi :slight_smile:
This isn’t the case in Europe.
Hasn’t been for a long time now.
Hasn’t changed much despite this.
IE8/9 accounts for around 66% of the market.
FF just under 25%.

BTW. I use Opera… :doh:

Yeah. We know that Europe is precious about this sort of stuff…

As of today, IE9 is not a recommended/required update for Win7… wonder how long that will take to change… will probably be bundled with sp2

At the moment it isn’t even listed as an optional update for Win7 if you do a manual check through windows update.

They can keep IE9 as far as I’m concerned I tried the beta and didn’t like it all
that much so I uninstalled it. Well the other day I up and decided to try out the
final release of IE9 and see if it had been improved any, well all I can say is it has
already been uninstalled again and it will stay uninstalled this time. :iagree:

After setting my machine to dual boot XP and Windows 7, I was forced to use IE9 while running Windows 7, I’m a Firefox person and I only use IE to download Firefox, but when I tried out IE9 it wasn’t all that bad, fast, tabbed browsing, nice design that works flawlessly with the Aero Theme and best of all it was 64-Bit.

But I still stuck to using Firefox except when I played Minecraft cause on a 32x browser it runs a bit slower but on IE9 it ran fast and I was happy just using IE9 for Minecraft, until the latest update Microsoft did, now Flash or Java won’t load and just crashes the page every time, can’t fix the problem and I’ll have to wait for another update.

Microsoft dun goofed again and thus why I just stick to Firefox.

i dout i’d upgrade until svc pack 2 if its included… whatever happened to adobe flash & java for 64 bit editions, are they still in beta or non-existent?

I can’t understand why everyone’s still not upgrading to 64 bit totally, even tablets… which will extend 32 bit for a while more b/c of the single core processors & low memory capacities.

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2581057]i dout i’d upgrade until svc pack 2 if its included… whatever happened to adobe flash & java for 64 bit editions, are they still in beta or non-existent?

I can’t understand why everyone’s still not upgrading to 64 bit totally, even tablets… which will extend 32 bit for a while more b/c of the single core processors & low memory capacities.[/QUOTE]

Well, I think the 64x version of Flash is now a stable release, but the 64x version of Java is a full blown release that I did use with IE9 when it actually worked.

Also, I agree, 64 bit or GTFO, well at least for new PC’s.