IE slips, Chrome gains in browser wars

vbimport

I just posted the article IE slips, Chrome gains in browser wars.

Google’s Chrome continues its slow, but steady rise in the browser wars, as Microsoft’s Internet Explorer hit a new low.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/ie-slips-chrome-gains-in-browser-wars-29365/](http://www.myce.com/news/ie-slips-chrome-gains-in-browser-wars-29365/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

That was a given IE was bound to slip and fall down somewhere along the browser war lines. But since sites still continue and program with IE codes and scripts it will still be there long after the fact. I currently use both IE8 and FFx86 and FFx64 along with IE8x64 and switched back and forth. I think users shouldn’t limit themselves to just one browser as some site are written for one browser and not the other so what you don’t see in one will show up in another as well as functionality will be different.

Chrome FTW!

Am I the only one worried about the rise of the Google Empire? That much power can be dangerous. Don’t get me wrong, Apple and Microsoft need a run for their money, but lately Google seems to have their fingers in more pies than Ron Jeremy.

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2515684]Am I the only one worried about the rise of the Google Empire?[/QUOTE]

Nope… you are not alone… I use many of the Google services from Gmail to Google Voice (which I think is very cool), but I am very reluctant as I suspect they are invading my privacy in an effort to become more innovative (now)… and who knows what they will use it for later…

I like Chrome more than Firefox but when I need to actually get some stuff done, I usually end up using IE. I can’t wait for IE 9.

Internet Explorer seems less popular over here, see poll results

[QUOTE=Im a PC;2515772]I like Chrome more than Firefox but when I need to actually get some stuff done, I usually end up using IE. I can’t wait for IE 9.[/QUOTE]

Same here I am waiting to see what IE9 is like…

HI-Five!
Yes the other browsers have neat fatures, but when I want something done fast and correct, I use IE too!

I have always used IE. Even when Netscape was around. However, about a month ago I was introduced to Chrome. It was fast, sleek and exciting. Then I found the limitations. So with no print preview as the final straw, I uninstalled and put in Firefox. I like its speed and cool features (like bookmark folders and open all tabs, which I’m sure IE does as we’ll).

With that said, I still have to use IE for some things, especially when something doesn’t load like it should in Firefox (which happens about 20% of the time).

If Microsoft speeds up the browser to rival the load speed of the competitors, I’d keep IE and drop the rest! Initial load times on a fresh OS install with no addons shouldn’t take more than 5 seconds!

So for now, when I add new people to my business team, which I’m always looking for, I tell them to use Firefox. When your focus is building a very profitable business, speed is of the essence!!!

They All are buggy, they all have security issues, it all falls on product id, and MS has never tried to do anything to make themselves seem less “Evil.” I like IE, and have always used it, tried most of the others, and I enjoy privacy, and have a high distrust of Google, as well as social sites. Woohoo, for anti-social behavior!