IE is always at Slysoft's website when I login

vbimport

Recently each time I log into my PC running AnyDVD ver. 6.7.5.0, I find IE open and at the Slysoft website. When I log off IE is closed, so the next time I login, it’s at the Slysoft site. Slysoft is not my home page. It seems AnyDVD is opening IE. Why has Slysoft started this and is there a way to stop it?

Thanks,
Steve

I have AnyDVD also (on 2 laptops and 1 PC). It has never done what you’re describing.

You might have something else causing that weird problem.

Someone a bit more experienced will have to help you on this one; I’m stumped.

I haven’t used IE in a while, but like most browsers you can set the ‘Home Page’. Somehow you set SlySoft. In IE6 (see how long ago?) go to ‘Tools -> Internet Options’.

This may be the problem.I always keep this unchecked & update when I recieve an update notice so I can’t check to make sure.
R click on the AnyDVD tray icon select Settings. Then Program Settings uncheck " Automatically check for new AnyDVD version " .

[QUOTE=sjturner66;2567324]Recently each time I log into my PC running AnyDVD ver. 6.7.5.0, I find IE open and at the Slysoft website. When I log off IE is closed, so the next time I login, it’s at the Slysoft site. Slysoft is not my home page. It seems AnyDVD is opening IE. Why has Slysoft started this and is there a way to stop it?

Thanks,
Steve[/QUOTE]

Sounds like it was set to auto check for updates from what it looks check your Anydvd preferences to see if update check isn’t checked marked? As Olyteddy says you can always change your homepage by checking internet options and check what Cholla says as well. And since we don’t know what version of IE your using it will be hard to know what has happened? If not either those cases sounds like a problem with the O/S and IE isn’t working anymore. And you will have to use safe mode and see what happens or if the problem shows up?

[QUOTE=sjturner66;2567324]Recently each time I log into my PC running AnyDVD ver. 6.7.5.0, I find IE open and at the Slysoft website. When I log off IE is closed, so the next time I login, it’s at the Slysoft site. Slysoft is not my home page. It seems AnyDVD is opening IE. Why has Slysoft started this and is there a way to stop it?

Thanks,
Steve[/QUOTE]
This is not the case at all, all AnyDVD does is decrypt, nothing else. I suggest you reset your homepage in Internet Options.:wink: