Ie 11

Is there any advantages to use Windows Explorer 11?

You mean Internet Explorer?

if so I would generally avoid that and switch to Firefox or Chrome as those are pretty much the standard for web browsers and likely more secure to.

1 Like

I have uses Windows since W95 and have found IE to be a very bad browser. I use Opera on all my computers but Firefox and Chrome are very good browsers.

Just a note: I refuse to use Windows 10 so I am switching to Linux.

I pretty much agree as I have been on Linux Mint since Jan 2019 as my primary OS and would rather not go back to Windows as it’s bundled with too much junk (that Windows Store crap should not even be installed if you ask me etc). I don’t even have Windows 10 installed on any of the computers I have, short of on my main PC, but only in a Virtualbox virtual machine for a small amount of use.

for someone coming from Windows to Linux, Linux Mint is likely your safest all around choice as it’s more beginner friendly and comes with just enough software installed by default. but with that said… it’s not realistic to expect the common person to be able to switch from Windows to Linux because Linux is more limited. but if one finds out Linux can do what they need it to do, I would suggest switching as it’s more secure in the sense it’s pretty much virus free (I say that because ones chances of getting a virus is quite slim on a desktop straight up).

p.s. I used Windows 10 from Dec 2015 to Jan 2019. I can still use it on my primary desktop but I prefer Linux overall at this point as the small amount of games I play work on Wine/Lutris. in fact, I should have a i5-3550(quad core) CPU very soon which will be a solid upgrade to my i3-2120(dual core) which should give me a solid boost to gaming performance and I only paid 20 (it was actually a little less) for it. because a while ago to get that CPU it was simply too much and I would have been better off putting the towards another build but now it’s worth it since I can use the heatsink/fan from my i3 on the i5.

• I don’t even have Windows 10 installed on any of the computers I have, short of on my main PC, but only in a Virtualbox virtual machine for a small amount of use.*

So true NBR I have been running Linux Mint on my main computer since early 2019. I have a second computer that I run W7 on for those things I can’t do on Linux. But I have, lately, started experimenting with Wine[I have gotten Works 9 to work on Wine]for those program that only run on Windows. And I am also looking at W7 in a VB on Linux to see which I like better.

Yeah, one basic program I like with Wine is Foobar2000 which is I think is hands down the best program for general audio playback/conversion between formats etc.