Identifying Verbatim - 8x or 16x?

vbimport

Hi guys!

Well, I just bought a long time ago a pack of Verbatim DVD’s (at the layer, 16x). The problem is: I remember posting a question on this forum (but not with this user) if it was a legit media. Well, I remember that I did a lot of things like using the DVD Identifier and even checking a “code” at the central ring of the dvd. And well, I remember too that you guys said it was legit, nothing faked, ready to be used. But now I took one of these to burn and at the dvd decrypter (and Nero Discspeed) says it’s maximum write speed is 8x, what`s wrong? Is it right, or I got a fake media? There are other ways to certify if this one is legit? Thanks!

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:MCC 03RG20 ]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [MCC 03RG20 ]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]

[ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I moved your post to the main Blank Media forum, where more people will see it (and since it pertains to the discs themselves).

What burner do you have? :slight_smile:

It’s a SONY DVD RW AW-G540A, I’m using a laptop, Vaio VGN-NR140E

Since that’s an 8x drive, you’re not going to get more than 8x with those discs.

However, since I don’t have a laptop drive, I’m not sure whether the drive’s firmware should report them as 8x or the full 16x - perhaps someone who owns a lappy can comment there. :slight_smile:

Hmm, so, the reason why Nero Discspeed shows that this media is 8x is because the drive max write rate is 8x?

[QUOTE=Hoister;2178151]Hmm, so, the reason why Nero Discspeed shows that this media is 8x is because the drive max write rate is 8x?[/QUOTE]

:iagree:

Eureka, so that`s why I thought it was a fake media… thanks everyone, problem solved!