Identifying DVD Media

hi … very new to all this

is it posible to use a liteon 166s dvd-rom to identify DVD media using Kprobe, DVDinfoPro etc?

i have a coastered 4X Laser DVD-r (from a 25pk spindle) and the dvd-rom doesn’t recognise that there is a disc in using Kprobe,DVDinfoPro (and Windows)

i also have a new Mitsubishi 2X DVD-RW than cannot be identified.

(I don’t have a DVD burner at the moment, getting one early next week, just want to identify the laser DVD-r before i buy them when i get the burner)

Originally posted by sherman1
[B]hi … very new to all this

is it posible to use a liteon 166s dvd-rom to identify DVD media using Kprobe, DVDinfoPro etc?

i have a coastered 4X Laser DVD-r (from a 25pk spindle) and the dvd-rom doesn’t recognise that there is a disc in using Kprobe,DVDinfoPro (and Windows)

i also have a new Mitsubishi 2X DVD-RW than cannot be identified.

(I don’t have a DVD burner at the moment, getting one early next week, just want to identify the laser DVD-r before i buy them when i get the burner)

A -ROM can’t read this kind of info…

Try: http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdmedia

According to the list above, “Laser” discs are crap. You can expect them to have either blank media codes, AML (crap media) codes, AN (crap media) codes, Princo (crap media) codes, Vanguard (also crap media) codes, or counterfeit Maxell/TDK codes. Translation: poor media by shady manufacturers, and it’s best that you stay away from this (probably the reason the disc that you have from them is a coastered one ;))