Identifying DTS in CloneDVD2

vbimport

Can anyone tell me how I identify the DTS audio stream if it exists on the DVD?

Also, if the DVD has DTS do I need to do anything special to keep the DVD compliant?

Thanks

If I recall correctly, I believe DTS streams are simply labeled as “DTS”, or “DTS 5.1”. I would have to look again, but I do know that it’s something really obvious.

And no, you don’t have to do anything “special” to correctly handle the DTS stream.

Just looked at a friends DVD with DTS and it shows on the second screen (Stream preferences-Audio properties).

Under Audio channels the 2 and 6 channels are selected by default.

In Audio decoding both Dolby AC-3 and DTS are unchecked. Do I have to check these in order to have DTS on the final version?

The DVD in question shows it as DTS ES 6.1 on the sound selection menu, is that the same as plain DTS or are there different types?

Thanks

“Audio decoding”? I’m not sure what you mean by that. I rarely use the right hand menu, unless I’m copying a TV series DVD with several main video tracks.

Anyways, when you select the main video track, below, where it shows the verious attached audio tracks and subtitles, you can select or deselect each audio track. If you want DTS, select it. As far as the various types of DTS, I don’t have a clue. A bit of Googling would probably answer that question.

BTW, you might consider shortening up your sig a bit. :wink:

Gents,

DTS is available in both 5.1 and 6.1 configurations. Both work fine but of course you need the hardware to decode when playing. Think of it like Dolby Digital (AC3) which has 5.1, 6.1, and 7.1. If you don’t have 6.1 hardware the 5.1 decoder will work fine on that 6.1 audio stream. :iagree:

Sorry, should have said Audio encoding.

Thanks for the info, I think it’s becoming clearer now.

Will have to give one a try and see how I get on.

Yeah, just give it a shot. It really is much, much simpler than you’re making it out to be. Once you understand the system, it’s a cinch.

You are better off just selecting AC3/6 (ie DD5.1).
Trying to fit both audio streams on a single disc compromises the quality too much and you’re not gong to miss the DTS track anyway.
And, note, if you are playing them back on a PS2, you won’t get any sound with DTS only as I discovered.