Identical dvd copy

vbimport

I’m just wondering if anyone has made a copy of a movie and used like a lightscribe drive to burn the label thats on the original disc with the rating and all the little fine print, and then put it in a dvd case, scanned the cover and pretty much made them identical just for the hell of it I know i would give it a shot if I had a lightscribe drive.

The Chinese do it all the time. Lot’s of pirated movies in Asia…:rolleyes:

I wouldn’t use Lightscribe for this. You won’t get the colors right. Use hub printable dvd blanks and an inkjet printer for dvds. You can scan the original, or possibly get a good picture of the disk and box at cdcovers.cc

Lot of trouble for a backup though.

Lot of trouble for a backup though.

Yeah…seems like too much of a hassle for a back up copy IMO.

shrugs

To each their own i suppose. :slight_smile:

A Sharpie marker is all you need. Plus doesn’t matter if it has a fancy label and a fancy cover, all that matters is that it was a good burn.

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;2050251]A Sharpie marker is all you need. Plus doesn’t matter if it has a fancy label and a fancy cover, all that matters is that it was a good burn.[/QUOTE]

:iagree::iagree:

Same here why spend the extra money on lightscribe media that is only SL and doesn;t come in DL lightscribe. All you need is to write the correct title and name or espisode and your done.

:iagree:

Yep. The quality of the burn is far more important than the artwork on the disc.

Everyone is absolutely correct. Created art is to be sensually enjoyed, not to be hidden inside of an electronic gadget.