Ideal Software Christmas Giveaway

The owner of Ideal Software have contacted me and offered three of their top program for free, these are not Giveaway of the Day serials, these are actual lifetime serials.
All you have to do is download the trial of the program and tell us what you like about it. There are 3 prizes, detailed below. Lets get in the Christmas spirit and start posting. This is just for Myce members.:wink:

The 1st prize is a set key for Ideal Media Solution (including DVD Copy). The 2nd prize is a combo key for Ideal DVD Copy & Blu-ray Copy. The 3rd prize is a key for Ideal DVD Copy.

I have a question.
I have a giveawayoftheday version .
Will installing the trial conflict with that ?
I would prefer to keep it as functional as it is & not lose it…

[QUOTE=cholla;2712612]I have a question.
I have a giveawayoftheday version .
Will installing the trial conflict with that ?
I would prefer to keep it as functional as it is & not lose it…[/QUOTE]
Good question cholla, I will have to ask about that.:confused:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2712620]Good question cholla, I will have to ask about that.:confused:[/QUOTE] Well if you have the Giveaway of the day version you do not have to download the trial, just let us know what you like about it. Easy answer, not easy question. LOL.:wink:

I’ve found Moonlight79 to be very good at answering questions about his software.
I suspect he will read this & have an answer.

If I didn’t like it it wouldn’t still be installed.
I got it when it was available & used it when I was playing around with splitting a DVD & then trying to put it back together.
I did this because of DVDFab’s split & merge.
It’s been a while but I know DVDFab wasn’t able to do that correctly.
I wrote a guide for doing it but it involved a lot of work.
It required IFOEdit & PGCEdit to do this with a full functional original menu.
I used Ideal Copy to do an additional split to work with.
IIRC it doesn’t have a merge function .

[QUOTE=cholla;2712623]I’ve found Moonlight79 to be very good at answering questions about his software.
I suspect he will read this & have an answer.

If I didn’t like it it wouldn’t still be installed.
I got it when it was available & used it when I was playing around with splitting a DVD & then trying to put it back together.
I did this because of DVDFab’s split & merge.
It’s been a while but I know DVDFab wasn’t able to do that correctly.
I wrote a guide for doing it but it involved a lot of work.
It required IFOEdit & PGCEdit to do this with a full functional original menu.
I used Ideal Copy to do an additional split to work with.
IIRC it doesn’t have a merge function .[/QUOTE]

Yup, moonlight79 was nice enough to offer this Giveaway and I am sure she will read your ideas to add a Merge function and respond. Great post cholla.

I checked because I thought I had started a thread to ask about merge.
I had & the question was answered in 2011.
Since there is limited interest in doing this I doubt the answer has changed.

On the DVDFab site forum I didn’t get a very positive response to the question
because of the limited interest.

This is the “merge” thread:

The reason I did a guide is there are some that did the “split” when they didn’t or couldn’t use dual layer DVDs & want to “merge” them to now use a DL DVD .
Of course BD has kind of taken over but there are still a lot like myself that use DVD.
Although I like movies from my external HDD to my TV now & do a lot of that.

I’m sure you could find the split/merge guide but this is it for easy reference:

Some credit to Wombler for his help with PGCEdit when I was working with this.

These are great programs. I own all their software that they released so far.

[QUOTE=cholla;2712632]I checked because I thought I had started a thread to ask about merge.
I had & the question was answered in 2011.
Since there is limited interest in doing this I doubt the answer has changed.

On the DVDFab site forum I didn’t get a very positive response to the question
because of the limited interest.

This is the “merge” thread:

The reason I did a guide is there are some that did the “split” when they didn’t or couldn’t use dual layer DVDs & want to “merge” them to now use a DL DVD .
Of course BD has kind of taken over but there are still a lot like myself that use DVD.
Although I like movies from my external HDD to my TV now & do a lot of that.

I’m sure you could find the split/merge guide but this is it for easy reference:

Some credit to Wombler for his help with PGCEdit when I was working with this.[/QUOTE]

That’s quite a while ago now cholla and I was more than glad to help, but I appreciate you remembering that, so thanks. :cool:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thanks Alan for this thread.:flower:

And sorry to cholla:(
Yes, we discussed the merge function two years ago, at that time, I consulted with our programmer, but he think, merge function isn’t easy to realize, this function should be in dvd editor program. Our programmer is only good at backup or ripping function but not familiar with dvd editor field.

Sorry again, cholla:sad:

At least Ideal software doesn’t make a claim to “Merge” .
DVDFab has a “Merge” function . It just doesn’t work for merging a DVD9 that it "“Splits” into two DVD5s. That is a major complaint I have with DVDfab .
I think that their Merge function should be able to Merge their own split .

On the positive side . With some work I managed to do a sucessful “merge” using IfoEdit & PGCEdit. But I won’t say that is easy because it isn’t.

I want to have my name in the giveaway so on a positive side the support by Moonlight79 has always been good.

[QUOTE=cholla;2713239]I want to have my name in the giveaway so on a positive side the support by Moonlight79 has always been good.[/QUOTE]

You are in it cholla, don’t worry.:bigsmile: There used to be a lot of free programs that merge and split files, all kinds, .mkv , vob, bup etc.

Pretty cool program.
I like it better than DVDFab.

Hope I win the Key for it :smiley:

You all are missing out on a great Giveaway, Dec 24th we will see who the winners are, so there is still time to enter.:smiley:

I also post the link in my facebook, wish more people can see this good news.:smiley:

[B]Here is what I like about Ideal Media Solutions,

1.) Very simple to use very straight forward GUI

2.)I Love the all the different profiles for just about any mobile device made it avoids confusion for a new user.

3.) I like the fact that no outside decyrpter is needed for Dvds or Blu-rays that alone saves as much as the entire bundle costs

4.) The company has most new releases already solved most of the time before they are even released for sale very nice.

5.) Support is excellent a small company that cares is a rare thing these days.

6.) The entire Ideal media solutions program works excellent on even windows 8.1

7.) The quality output is very nice I use apple Tv profile for my Blu-rays to save space on my hard drive and the output is very decent.

8.) A free trial for ten days with no restrictions or watermarks gives everyone a chance to try the programs with ample time to decide if they wish to buy it or not.

I would suggest everyone download and give the program a try I did and I love it.
A couple screen shots:
[/B]

Well it’s time to call this competition to a close and thanks again to Ideal Software for the very generous prizes.

Congratulations to our winners and it’s an early Christmas present to the following Myce members.

[B]1st prize [/B]of a key for Ideal Media Solution (including DVD Copy) goes to [B]ILLP[/B].

[B]2nd prize[/B] which is a combo key for Ideal DVD Copy & Blu-ray Copy goes to [B]cholla[/B].

[B]And 3rd prize [/B]of a key for Ideal DVD Copy goes to [B]flyhigh[/B].

I hope you enjoy your early Christmas present courtesy of Myce and Ideal Software and I’ll be contacting each winner individually with details of the appropriate serials.

Merry Christmas folks! :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[B]Wow!! what a great Chrismas present indeed thank you to Moonlight79 for the easiest software I have ever used and the MYCE forum what a great place!![/B]:clap::clap::clap::bow:

[B]Merry Christmas to everyone and stay safe[/B].:iagree:

[QUOTE=ILLP;2714082][B]Wow!! what a great Chrismas present indeed thank you to Moonlight79 for the easiest software I have ever used and the MYCE forum what a great place!![/B]:clap::clap::clap::bow:

[B]Merry Christmas to everyone and stay safe[/B].:iagree:[/QUOTE]

I am very happy you won, your incite and posts are appreciated and you were picked at random. So this must be your lucky day. Happy Holidays.:smiley: