Ideal DVD Copy Review

vbimport

I just posted the article Ideal DVD Copy Review.

Ideal DVD Copy is an all-in-one DVD copying package from Ideal DVD Software. Find out how well the latest version measures up in this exclusive review brought to you by MyCE.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/review/ideal-dvd-copy-review-55272/](http://www.myce.com/review/ideal-dvd-copy-review-55272/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

That was quite a good review Wombler. Thanks.

I’m a little surprised the transcoder could give acceptable results from such a difficult, and long source. This is the type of movie I would always recommend using an encoder instead. But it does seem to indicate that their transcoder has been advanced beyond some of the earlier programs, and will prove to be worthwhile on movies that require smaller amounts of compression.

Thanks, Wombler. A great job!:flower:

About the skin, I’ll accept your suggestion and make the ideal_blue as the default. And I’m considering designing a complete new GUI.

Great Review Wombler

I tested it on Smurfs last night and I noticed it had a Fuzzy look through out the movie.
I will have to test this movie with other software when they are able to see the results.

It was simple to install and use and I will be testing it with other movies soon to see if the Fuzzy look shows on them.

Again Great review Wombler

No fuzzy look here bean55, try it again. :iagree: Any by the way Womblers review was the best. Thanks Wombler for indroducing us to this software.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2613703]That was quite a good review Wombler. Thanks.

I’m a little surprised the transcoder could give acceptable results from such a difficult, and long source. This is the type of movie I would always recommend using an encoder instead. But it does seem to indicate that their transcoder has been advanced beyond some of the earlier programs, and will prove to be worthwhile on movies that require smaller amounts of compression.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Kerry. :flower:

It’s all very subjective and down to personal judgement but no program so far has produced results that I wouId would regard as truly acceptable with this movie (including a full re-encode) although it’s a severe test.

I also produced a full re-encode as the benchmark for quality purposes and used this to assist in the comparison between the output from my previous favourite transcoder and Ideal DVD Copy.

In that context and within the parameters specified in the review I think Ideal DVD Copy stands up very well indeed.

It’s always difficult to objectively describe quality in words as people’s opinions are always different but that’s another plus for choosing ‘Saving Private Ryan’ as a very large number of people will have this title and will be able to run the same tests for themselves.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[B]@Alan1476 [/B]– Thanks Alan. :flower:

[B]@Moonlight79 [/B]– Thanks and glad to hear you’re changing the defaults. The interface is very clean and simple to use and that was the only very slight problem I had.

[B]@bean55 [/B]– Transcoders often have difficulties with animated movies and I’ve noticed this in the past even with a full re-encode on some of the ‘South Park’ episodic DVDs. I haven’t checked out ‘Smurfs’ yet but I’m assuming this is an animated movie.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Yes Wombler it is a mixed one ( animated and real people )

When I redid it last night it came out different, now the first 10 minutes is real pixated and then the rest was fuzzy still. I will be trading out my disc tonight and then retry tomorrow.
I think I may have a bad press one.

Looks like my disc was a bad pressing
The disc that comes in the Combo BluRay/DVD worked just fine.

[QUOTE=bean55;2614048]Looks like my disc was a bad pressing
The disc that comes in the Combo BluRay/DVD worked just fine.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you traced the problem.

Were you happy enough with the results?

[B]Wombler[/B]

Yes I was
I bought the program

I bought the program yeterday, used it 5x’s already, seems like a great product at a great price.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2614337]I bought the program yeterday, used it 5x’s already, seems like a great product at a great price.[/QUOTE]
Wise choice durknjt. Please let us know what you think. I hope you mentioned MyCE when you bought it.:flower:

[QUOTE=bean55;2614297]Yes I was
I bought the program[/QUOTE]
You are also a wise man bean55, please mention that you bought this program because of Womblers review on MyCE.com:wink:

Glad to hear you’re happy with this program guys. :wink:

If you’ve any more detailed opinions, once you’ve used the software for a while, start a new thread and let us know as we’d all be interested to hear your thoughts.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Since at my request the merge question was moved to its own thread .

I want to give cudos again here to Wombler for a good review.

Glad to hear the positive comment about our program.:smiley:

And we offer a discount price for the members here, don’t forget to get it. Visit http://club.myce.com/f178/coupon-code-myce-members-here-324689/ to learn the detailed information about the discount.

I have bought this software too the best I have had so now i delete all other burning software on my pc good IDEAL HEEEHEEEE

[QUOTE=moljude1;2619833]I have bought this software too the best I have had so now i delete all other burning software on my pc good IDEAL HEEEHEEEE[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you’re happy with your choice Jude.

It’s great software IMO.

[B]Wombler[/B]