Ideal Blu Ray Ripper Beta is out for testing (for windows OS)

vbimport

Hi,
I have been working with Moonlight on their new DVD/ Blu Ray ripper program over the last several weeks testing the new program and I am posting a couple screen shots of the new program.

To all myce members we could really use your help with the new Ideal Blu ray ripper program beta testing, download link is http://www.idealdvdcopy.com/test/IdealMediaSolutionb.exe .

Even though we have put in lots of long hours in testing the program we still really need your help if you can spare the time.

Please report any bugs you may find here in this thread or any suggestions as well.

Ideal software is working very hard to bring you a great easy to use new DVD/ Blu Ray ripper program and we need beta testers to make sure when the product is launched it is as near perfect as it can get.

The beta runs great on Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 8 RTM 64 Bit I have tested it on both operating systems.

NOTE: No blu ray decrypter needed the program does it all.

Thank you,
From Moonlight and the entire Ideal software staff and Myself.:slight_smile:

You have a lot of competition in this endeavor. And many of the best ones are free. Do you think you can match or surpass the output from X264? If not, you are spinning your wheels.

Any plans for using Intel’s Quick Sync? I’ve been testing the output from the only free program that I can find that can utilize it, and have been annoyed with that program for a week now. It is extremely fussy, with inferior output, but the speed it can reach is interesting. For now, I’d just recommend the faster settings in X264 for anyone who needs faster conversion times.

I’ll take a look at your program when you provide a link. I’m sure there are a few others here who will do so also.

By the way, like many others, I hate to see people using the term “rip” when they mean convert. It may not be technically incorrect when going straight from a disc, but still aggravating. Are you really going to advocate conversions straight from optical disc drives? I would always advise straight ripping to the hard drive, then use a conversion program to change formats from there.

Thanks to xorsists for your hard work and tests.:flower:

Added two screenshots for profiles:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2653824]You have a lot of competition in this endeavor. And many of the best ones are free. Do you think you can match or surpass the output from X264? If not, you are spinning your wheels.

Any plans for using Intel’s Quick Sync? I’ve been testing the output from the only free program that I can find that can utilize it, and have been annoyed with that program for a week now. It is extremely fussy, with inferior output, but the speed it can reach is interesting. For now, I’d just recommend the faster settings in X264 for anyone who needs faster conversion times.

I’ll take a look at your program when you provide a link. I’m sure there are a few others here who will do so also.

By the way, like many others, I hate to see people using the term “rip” when they mean convert. It may not be technically incorrect when going straight from a disc, but still aggravating. Are you really going to advocate conversions straight from optical disc drives? I would always advise straight ripping to the hard drive, then use a conversion program to change formats from there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your interest, Kerry56. We use H.264 but not x264. As for Intel’s Quick Sync, I will inquiry our programmer then give you exact answer. :slight_smile:

For rip and convert, I’m always a little confused about the two words.:confused: Our programs will rip from optical disc drive to other formats directly. This will be more easier for the users who are new to computer. They can just get what they want just by several clicks.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Moonlight79;2653827]Thanks to xorsists for your hard work and tests.:flower:

Added two screenshots for profiles:[/QUOTE]It has been my pleasure to help out Moonlight.:flower:

[QUOTE=Moonlight79;2653827]Thanks to xorsists for your hard work and testes.:flower:

Added two screenshots for profiles:[/QUOTE]

testes (tÄ›s’tÄ“z)
The primary reproductive organ of male animals, in which sperm and the male sex hormones (androgens) are produced. In most vertebrates, the testes are contained inside the body. In many mammals, however, the testes are enclosed in an external scrotum.

Is not the English language tricky.:iagree::doh:
Unless xorsists is testing some really scary software for Moonlight79…:flower:

Sorry for my spelling error. I’ve corrected it. :o

It seems I should post the link for the beta version soon, or people will care about other things.:bigsmile:

Good news, [B]Ideal Blu-ray Ripper[/B] (for windows OS) beta version is out now.
Download link:http://www.idealdvdcopy.com/test/IdealMediaSolutionb.exe

[B]Main function:[/B]

1. Rip any blu-ray to mkv,avi,wmv,mp4 format.
  2. Exact audio track off blu-ray to mp3 format.
  3. Compatible with smart phones, portable devices and TV.

[B]System Requirement:[/B]

1. Internet Connection.
  2. A blu-ray drive
  3. Windows xp, vista, win7, win8

In the beta version, there is no function and time limitation. Welcome to test and feedback any issue you met to support@idealdvdcopy.com .

BTW, if you have any issue when using the beta version, please describe your issue in detail first, then click the “Geer” button on the top right corner of the main form, then click “Export log” menu to get the log file of our program, and then enclose it in your email.

[B]To export the log file please go to the top right of the program Gui and left click on the Gear then click export log file save it to your desktop and please include all the info you can if you have a problem in detail in an email and attach the log file & send it to:

support@idealdvdcopy.com

Please also post Any problems you may find here in this thread.

Thank you,

Xorsists[/B]

A few observations:

1. Under Input, you have the word Audios. The word audio can mean a singular sound source, or multiple ones. In the English language, we don’t put an s on this particular word to make it plural. So you should use Audio, or Audio Streams.

2. I couldn’t find a way to turn off the preview window when encoding. If there is such a control, please point it out.

3. When making a generic .mkv file, there was no indication that the original sound would be kept intact on the Good, Normal or Very Good settings. I assumed this was so, and it turned out that way, but you might want to put a message next to them…like Very Good (Original Audio intact), or Very Good (Original audio).

4. Encoding using the Very Good setting (the best you currently offer) resulted in a file that had slightly less picture quality output than what I normally see with Handbrake/X264 on the High settings. Not bad, and perfectly acceptable for a small screen like a phone or tablet, but noticeable on a large screen. It took 15 minutes to encode on my computer for a movie of 2hrs 24 minutes running time (source was on a hard drive, not an optical drive).

5. Playback showed no issues in audio/video synchronization.

The first encode was with a dvd source. I’ll try a blu ray next.

Ah, I see using the generic setting, the handling of original audio may not be untouched. Conversion of a blu ray to mkv gave me two audio streams output, even though I only had one Dolby True HD audio stream in the original blu ray.

The True HD audio from your converter was problematic. Only the downsampled regular AC3 audio would play. I’ll send you the log file at your support email address. Edit: After further testing, this may simply be the inadequacies of the free programs I was using to play the file. VLC and Media Player Classic HomeCinema both refuse to play the True HD audio on the mkv. The commercial programs Arcsoft TMT 5 and PowerDVD didn’t like the mkv file at all, but Corel Win DVD played it ok, I just can’t tell which audio stream it is using.

Other than that, conversion went pretty well. I deliberately chose a VC-1 encoded movie to see how well your program handles that format. Picture quality was noticeably softer than the original, but going from 25gb to 5gb you’re not going to get perfect PQ. And since your primary targets seem to be portables, this output is good for small screens.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2654015]A few observations:

1. Under Input, you have the word Audios. The word audio can mean a singular sound source, or multiple ones. In the English language, we don’t put an s on this particular word to make it plural. So you should use Audio, or Audio Streams.

Thanks, we’ll fix it in the next update.

1. I couldn’t find a way to turn off the preview window when encoding. If there is such a control, please point it out.

There’s no way to turn off that window. From there, you can know which scene it has encoded.

1. When making a generic .mkv file, there was no indication that the original sound would be kept intact on the Good, Normal or Very Good settings. I assumed this was so, and it turned out that way, but you might want to put a message next to them…like Very Good (Original Audio intact), or Very Good (Original audio).

Normal, good and very good all can get the original audio track, we’ve updated it in this update. You may click the icon below the “Product” section to get the latest profile settings.

1. Encoding using the Very Good setting (the best you currently offer) resulted in a file that had slightly less picture quality output than what I normally see with Handbrake/X264 on the High settings. Not bad, and perfectly acceptable for a small screen like a phone or tablet, but noticeable on a large screen. It took 15 minutes to encode on my computer for a movie of 2hrs 24 minutes running time (source was on a hard drive, not an optical drive).

We can improve the settings. But we think the very good settings already can get perfect quality on most devices. If we use nearly the original quality, the files size will be very large, maybe will cause uncompatible issue for some devices. For large screen devices, I suggest to choose the corresponding device profile to rip.

1. Playback showed no issues in audio/video synchronization.

The first encode was with a dvd source. I’ll try a blu ray next.[/QUOTE]

Thanks very much for your report and suggestions.:clap:

Ah, I see using the generic setting, the handling of original audio may not be untouched. Conversion of a blu ray to mkv gave me two audio streams output, even though I only had one Dolby True HD audio stream in the original blu ray.
That’s because the internal ID of the TrueHD and Ac3 audio track is the same. So you got two audio streams after ripping.

The True HD audio from your converter was problematic. Only the downsampled regular AC3 audio would play. I’ll send you the log file at your support email address. Edit: After further testing, this may simply be the inadequacies of the free programs I was using to play the file. VLC and Media Player Classic HomeCinema both refuse to play the True HD audio on the mkv. The commercial programs Arcsoft TMT 5 and PowerDVD didn’t like the mkv file at all, but Corel Win DVD played it ok, I just can’t tell which audio stream it is using.
Got your email with the log file. Yes, this issue is caused by the TrueHD audio track, and most players doesn’t support it. I guess Corel Win DVD player should use the AC3 audio track. Suggest you a good free player- KMplayer, it seems it will auto choose AC3 aduio track to play. And I usually use KMplayer to play MKV files. It works great for me. Sometimes, I’ll also use VLC, but I should switch the audio track, or there will be noise when playing TureHD audio.

Other than that, conversion went pretty well. I deliberately chose a VC-1 encoded movie to see how well your program handles that format. Picture quality was noticeably softer than the original, but going from 25gb to 5gb you’re not going to get perfect PQ. And since your primary targets seem to be portables, this output is good for small screens.
We also have profiles for large screen. Please choose a proper one for your TV to see if the quality is OK. Thanks.

Updated the setup file just now.
[B]Fixes:[/B]

1. Preview issue of a blu-ray
  2. Added “Original Audio” to “Normal, good, very good” for MKV profile.

[QUOTE=Moonlight79;2654066]Updated the setup file just now.
[B]Fixes:[/B]

1. Preview issue of a blu-ray
  2. Added “Original Audio” to “Normal, good, very good” for MKV profile.[/QUOTE]

That’s very quick Moonlight79 and it demonstrates the benefit of feedback from users when you’re so keen to support them.

Thanks also to xorsists for testing the program and providing extremely useful information.

This is a great program but I would encourage users to provide as many comments on its operation as possible as I know these are always gratefully received and are used to help to improve how the software works.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I sent another log file but you can disregard it. I used the wrong input file, so the audio/video sync was not the fault of your program.

I had an extra copy of that movie that I was working with, and simply forgot about it being there.

[QUOTE=Wombler;2654153]That’s very quick Moonlight79 and it demonstrates the benefit of feedback from users when you’re so keen to support them.

Thanks also to xorsists for testing the program and providing extremely useful information.

This is a great program but I would encourage users to provide as many comments on its operation as possible as I know these are always gratefully received and are used to help to improve how the software works.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]That is what we need thank you Wombler we encourage as many members input to make the program the best it can be and thank you kerry for your testing.:wink:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2653824]
Any plans for using Intel’s Quick Sync? [/QUOTE]

I’ve inquired our programmer, we don’t have such a plan at present. Maybe we’ll consider it in future.

[QUOTE=Wombler;2654153]I would encourage users to provide as many comments on its operation as possible as I know these are always gratefully received and are used to help to improve how the software works.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks, Wombler. That’s why we put the beta version there, just want to collect more suggestions and comments, so that we can improve our program. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2654168]I sent another log file but you can disregard it. I used the wrong input file, so the audio/video sync was not the fault of your program.

I had an extra copy of that movie that I was working with, and simply forgot about it being there.[/QUOTE]

Got it. About the truehd audio playback issue, we think it is related to the player software, it seems the player softwares we used so far doesn’t support TureHD Audio.

On this occasion, we can choose the AC3 audio track to rip or choose different audio type to output to avoid this issue. And we just added AC3 aduio type in the MKV profile. You can see “Normal AC3”, “Good AC3” and “Very Good AC3” three options in the “Quality” drop-down list. By default it is “Good AC3”, but it will remember you last choice. Now, please use the AC3 type to rip the TrueHD audio.

BTW, please first update the profiles first by clicking the icon under the “Product” section.