IDE DVD Writer?

vbimport

I need suggestions for a new dvd writer? I’ve narrowed down to Pioneer, Optiarc, and Lite On? Can someone suggest which one is best and provide a model number?

Thanks

I would go for Optiarc 5200A/7200A or Pioneer 115/116(D). I’m not sure about LiteOn models.

Instead of limiting my options, could I use a SATA to PATA adapter?

The Optiarc 7200a and Pioneer 115/116 are hard to find? Any ideas where to look?

What about Pioneer DVR-A18M or DVR-118?
What about Lite-On iHAP 422-98 or 322-98 or 122-04?

Thanks

Haven’t heard much about the 118/218 Pioneers, other than they don’t use the well respected NEC chipsets that their predecessors did.

Nothing wrong with the Lite-on drives in particular, or the Samsung SH-S222A. You should read up on them in their particular subforums.

The Optiarc 7200a and Pio 115/116 are well out of production. You’ll have to get lucky to find one.

I didn’t want to start a new thread since I’m also looking for a new IDE drive. I’d like to buy from Newegg and see these choices:

LITE-ON 22X DVD Writer Black IDE Model iHAP422-98
LITE-ON 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE Model iHAP122-04
Pioneer CD/DVD Writer Black IDE Model DVR-A18M
LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE Model GH22LP20
SAMSUNG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE Model SH-S222L

I’m leaning towards the LiteOn iHAP422…I think I’ve read the -98 indicates it’s an Optiarc chipset and I think the Optiarcs have a good reputation right?

Any recommendations out of the choices I listed above?

This pioneer seems to have a mediatek crap chipset. :confused: so not that one.
The LG is bad The LG GH22 is a 22x P-ATA DVD Writer. It uses Panasonic MN103SD8GRA and it gets horrible -R burns with very high jitter.
the samsung is okay but another mediatek chipset.
LITE-ON 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE Model iHAP122-04 is NICE great single layer burns, but will not get good results on CHEAP DL media (so if you’re going to burn DL get some Verbatims.
I am don’t know about the iHAP422-98???

I ended up getting the iHAP 322 since that was the only one newegg had in stock. Thanks for all the help

[QUOTE=kmb997;2465768]I ended up getting the iHAP 322 since that was the only one newegg had in stock. Thanks for all the help[/QUOTE]
how u liek it im need a ide burner as well

[QUOTE=Matthew12222;2465760]This pioneer seems to have a mediatek crap chipset. :confused: so not that one.
The LG is bad The LG GH22 is a 22x P-ATA DVD Writer. It uses Panasonic MN103SD8GRA and it gets horrible -R burns with very high jitter.
the samsung is okay but another mediatek chipset.
LITE-ON 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE Model iHAP122-04 is NICE great single layer burns, but will not get good results on CHEAP DL media (so if you’re going to burn DL get some Verbatims.
I am don’t know about the iHAP422-98???[/QUOTE]
so is the ihap122 good if i us everbatims? someone recomended it, said his works after around 1.5 years, and he bought more, but sold them with his computers…

The iHAP 322 has done everything I’ve needed it to do, so far. I like it.